News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 plastic bumper filler paint

Started by WH23G3G, August 08, 2008, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

What color and kind of paint is everyone using to refinish the plastic/rubber bumper fillers on the 73s? I used some silver flexible bumper paint for the fronts which looks nice but it's too silver. I'm about to get the rear bumper rechromed and the fillers are all intact and reuseable so I want them to look good too.

Charger74SE

I'm working on the same project also.
I found a place called Parasol Inc. that sells dye color for rubber, plastic, and vinyl items. There listed on the net as (www.parasolinc.com). They have a few different brands of dye depending on what type of material you have. I'm sending them a sample piece of reveal molding so they can determine which dye brand and color shade of gray I need to use. This stuff cost $96 a quart, that's why I'm going to let them make that determination. Should have more info on this in about a week.

Mike G.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger74SE

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 10, 2008, 01:24:00 PM
Argent? :shruggy:
That was the first color I thought of but it's not on their color chart. They do have a shade that looks real close to it.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

73rallyecharger

I used Grille Silver from Totally Auto. Looks pretty close. Mike