News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of car is this?

Started by rebby, July 27, 2005, 03:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebby

The middle car is the one that I'm looking at. People keep telling me that it's a Charger but it looks more like a Super Bee to me... What is it really?
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Spike

bull

That would be a '69 Coronet R/T.

Psssst, Spike, he's talking about the black one, not the red one. And what's that late model Caprice doing there? Did grandma get lost and wind up at the car show?

Drache

The Caprice might be an ex cop car?  ???
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

4cruzin

Grandma is havin' car problems or something!!  ::)
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Spike

Quote from: bull on July 27, 2005, 03:56:39 PM

Psssst, Spike, he's talking about the black one, not the red one. And what's that late model Caprice doing there? Did grandma get lost and wind up at the car show?

:haha:   Why didn't you say so... next time no trick questions, take a picture of the car you want us to identify. :icon_smile_wink:

Drache

Spike he did say the "middle" car is the one he wants identified...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69_500

Looks like someone added the R/T emblem over the R/T stripe on that Coronet to me.

rebby

Quote from: Spike on July 27, 2005, 07:14:50 PM

:haha:   Why didn't you say so... next time no trick questions, take a picture of the car you want us to identify. :icon_smile_wink:
sorry, not my picture... there would have had a lot more of the mopar had it been me behind the camera.  ;)

thanks for the positive id...  ;D
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Spike

Quote from: Drache on July 27, 2005, 07:18:44 PM
Spike he did say the "middle" car is the one he wants identified...

I know, I know but when I first read this post I either missed the part about the middle car or the post was edited and the middle car line was added afterward. I know I'm not going crazy  :image_294343:

Silver R/T

I like galaxies, wanted 61 myself
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

I almost bought a '69 Galaxie 500 with a good 390 in it! Instead I came across my '73 Charger which I eventually sold damnit!  :flame:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lostsheep

Did grandma get lost and wind up at the car show?

Yeah then she'll go home and tell all her friends she won. Well atleast thats what mine would do.

Drache

Quote from: Lostsheep on July 28, 2005, 07:40:22 AM
Did grandma get lost and wind up at the car show?

Yeah then she'll go home and tell all her friends she won. Well atleast thats what mine would do.

Hell when my dad was 11 my grandma owned a brand new 1969 Chevelle SS 396! And then to boot she used to drive my dad's 1970 Charger R/T 440+6!  :o
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mustanghater

cornet R/T looks like the one my dad sold about 12 years ago
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Brock Samson

is that the correct hood for a '69 coronet.. r/t? or is it a  super bee, i thought the bees were strippers and the R/Ts got the special rear facia...

BigBlockSam

QuoteI know I'm not going crazy

maybe, maybe not.  :brickwall:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

RT DAVE

Quote from: Stratocharger on July 28, 2005, 01:30:08 PM
is that the correct hood for a '69 coronet.. r/t? or is it a   super bee, i thought the bees were strippers and the R/Ts got the special rear facia...

Yes, that hood was the standard issue for both 68 & 69 Coronet RT and Superbee.   The ramcharger hood were optional for those years.   I don't believe super bees came with flat hoods (no bulge or scoop) during any of the years they were in production.     Could be wrong.   BTW, the 69 RT coronet is my favorite car...
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Brock Samson

:scope:

looking closer i belive i see a bee above the right tailight, And the bumble bee stripe looks to be a r/t type with a r/t added,..  :-\

why do i care?. :shruggy:

RT DAVE

Quote from: Stratocharger on July 28, 2005, 03:40:38 PM
:scope:

looking closer i belive i see a bee above the right tailight, And the bumble bee stripe looks to be a r/t type with a r/t added,..   :-\

why do i care?. :shruggy:

That's probably an R/T emblem on that pic.  It's hard to tell because of the size of the car in the picture.  Here's another car for comparison:

6670charger

You have yourself a genuine 69 Dodge Coronet R/T (or at least what looks like one).
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Charger1970

Quotei thought the bees were strippers and the R/Ts got the special rear facia...

The bulge hood was standard and the Ramcharger hood was optional on both the R/T and Super Bee.

The Coronet, Coronet 440 and Super Bee had the same tail panel.
The Coronet 500 and Coronet R/T had the three light rear panel. (the middle one is not a light)
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

TeeWJay426

If it was a stripe delete car, it would have had the quarter R/T emblem on it. Someone either added the stripe, or the emblem. The fresh air hood option didn't become available until '69, either- in '68, that hood style was it for R/Ts and Supebees.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Ghoste

I've seen a number of cars with the stripe and the RT badge on the stripe.  Either there was a secret box to check off and get both or a bunch of folks have just added them over the years.  Either way, it's not a look that I'd like personally.
As to taillight panels, although the Super Bee shared the same panel and light layout as the other low end Coronets, the color scheme was reversed.  The Super Bee had black with silver lettering and the others were silver with black lettering.

RT DAVE

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on July 29, 2005, 06:36:34 AM
If it was a stripe delete car, it would have had the quarter R/T emblem on it. Someone either added the stripe, or the emblem. The fresh air hood option didn't become available until '69, either- in '68, that hood style was it for R/Ts and Supebees.

You're right.  My bad on the 68 ramcharger hood option...