News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General Site Description on Home Page?

Started by Shakey, October 21, 2005, 07:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

There has been a lot of talk about what the nature of this site is all about.  Some have different views as to what should be posted here and what shouldn't.  I understand that we will get trolls coming by to stir it up, however there could be some potential new members scared off by the folks here that are quick to lynch at the sight of a poorly worded question.

Do you think it would be a good idea to incorporate a general site description at the top of the home page, clearly written so that first time visitors will see exactly what this site is about? 

Can this be written in a way so that when someone does a Google search for Dodge Charger or Charger, the site name comes up with the general description?

My reasons for writing this are that I am getting frustrated watching people get treated poorly for no reason.  I typed a response to a post yesterday that, I feel, summed up this site and what it is all about.

Quote from: Shakey on October 20, 2005, 07:12:15 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on October 20, 2005, 06:28:24 PM
Why does everyone get so hasty. Seeing how he is new to the site he is wanting to know if this is a forum for owners or just people who want one. When in reality its a site for all.

:iagree:

I'd least give the guy/gal the benefit of doubt, our members need to be able to provide a diplomatic answer as to what this site is all about,

a forum where owners, potential owners and admirers of the Dodge Charger can discuss the past, present and future of the above mentioned car as well as share information, ideas and experiences with regards to the restoration & preservation of the greatest muscle car ever to come out of Detroit, the Dodge Charger,

and then see what happens. 

If he/she is legit, they might just be able to contribute a wealth of knowledge regarding the car we love so much. 

If he is a troll, looking to stir it up a bit - then go get 'em boys & girls, with all you've got!  And I would enjoy it as much as you.

Just testing the waters and the poor soul gets his leg bit off! 

Sure, he/she probably should have done a bit of reading, but as is the case with most humans, the path of least resistance is always more enticing.

Shoot first and ask questions later - our motto!  Not cool!

Feedback is always welcome!

Shakey

Troy

Yes - when I have time. I've mentioned on a few occasions that the forum is only one small part of the site. Right now, we don't have a home page but there is one planned. Once the graphics and look of the site are finalized the other pages will start to appear.

On the Google thing, I can't make the description show up first as the pages are ranked on a number of things such as traffic, relevancy, and links from other sites. Basically, the most popular pages go to the top. People typing in dodgecharger.com will see it soon though.

If people would act halfway decent we wouldn't have this problem.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on October 21, 2005, 07:49:12 AM
Yes - when I have time. I've mentioned on a few occasions that the forum is only one small part of the site. Right now, we don't have a home page but there is one planned. Once the graphics and look of the site are finalized the other pages will start to appear.

On the Google thing, I can't make the description show up first as the pages are ranked on a number of things such as traffic, relevancy, and links from other sites. Basically, the most popular pages go to the top. People typing in dodgecharger.com will see it soon though.

If people would act halfway decent we wouldn't have this problem.

Troy

:iagree:

I find it increasingly frustrating to see "grown ups"  :shruggy: act the way they do on this site when someone new stops by.  :nono:

I have no idea if there are plans for DodgeCharger.com windshield stickers or t-shirts but I'd have to be completely honest in saying that, I would not be surprised that if one of these potential members who showed up here and got chased away, spotted a Charger at a car show or in a parking lot with a sticker in the windshield and took a key and left a big "thank you" mark down the side.

I can see why Moparts has rules set in place to keep things "civilized" over there, even if they are a bit over the top.

Thanks for the consideration.