News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Its been a good weeks vacation. (pics added for the fishermen)

Started by Charger4404spd, October 21, 2005, 06:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Dad and myself have spent the entire week on the lake, from sun up to sun down. Today was the best day, we caught about 40 crappies, 26 of which were keepers. We have about 100 fillets in the freezer now. Good eatin for a while!
Mmmmm, Emily heres ya a pic. Eat your heart out! Haha.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sounds like good times!   need to spend time like that with my pops.

School me on the "crappies" term.......are they Sunfish or literally crappie/throwbacks?

PS--no pun intended on the "school" part ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68ChargerJMP

Good catching. I love to fish myself, mostly for bass. I live about 45 minutes away from Lake Guntersville, which is one of the best bass lakes in the country, and is where I caught my largest bass ever. It was around 8 lbs or so, not exactly sure. I just took a couple of pics and let her go.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger4404spd

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 21, 2005, 08:11:52 PM
Sounds like good times!     need to spend time like that with my pops.

School me on the "crappies" term.......are they Sunfish or literally crappie/throwbacks?

PS--no pun intended on the "school" part ;)

Yeah it was great. I guess this week is the most time my Dad and I have spent together in 38 years, except for all the farm work, but I dont count that.

Yes the crappie is part of the sunfish family. To me, they are the best tasting fish of all. Only problem is that alot of people fish for them here on Douglas Lake so there arent as many as there used to be. Thats why the have a 10" minimum as well as 15 limit per person.

emily

Oh man, 4spd.....  My mouth is watering now.  You clean 'em, I'll fry 'em up.  Yummy !!

em

CB

Quote from: emily on October 23, 2005, 06:55:56 AM
Oh man, 4spd.....  My mouth is watering now.  You clean 'em, I'll fry 'em up.  Yummy !!

em

Em, I thought you comment was reffering to Charger4404spd himself.  ;D

Nice catch 4404spd
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger4404spd

Quote from: CB on October 23, 2005, 08:19:23 AM
Quote from: emily on October 23, 2005, 06:55:56 AM

em

Em, I thought you comment was reffering to Charger4404spd himself.  ;D

Nice catch 4404spd

She was......just dont tell Doc :icon_smile_big:

Recharger

Wow, nice haul 4spd!  How much did that monster on the right side weigh?  :o   That's one of the biggest crappies I've ever seen!!  I just got back from a weekend of fishing up in Wisconsin with my dad and a few cousins, but we mostly got skunked ( a few crappies, a few bass...we're all still hungry)  A bit too cold, I think.  Oh, well, still fun though... :thumbs:

Charger4404spd

Not sure we didnt have scales. Im guessing about 2 lbs. Maybe 2 1/2.
The record crappie is 5.2 lbs.