News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seen a Ford GT today.

Started by 68ChargerJMP, October 21, 2005, 08:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

Not sure if this is worth posting.....but I seen a red with white striped Ford GT today sitting next to me at a redlight. Its a pretty neat car, I heard it is pretty quick too.

Todd Wilson

I seen a red Ford GT last week!

Todd

Charger_Fan

I saw this one at a carshow last month.
Pretty cool cars!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BigBlackDodge

Are they still called GT 40's? ???

BBD

Todd Wilson

No. Just Ford GT.

These cars really look different in person then they do in pictures. I was surprised at how wide the car is. It sits low also. Interior seems pretty decent. It has a good stereo and AC. A friend of mine got to ride in the one locally here and he said it was fast and handled very well. He didnt think he would want to take it on a long trip though. It has a small comparetment up from for the custom car cover to fit in and thats about all the cargo room it has.

Todd

Chryco Psycho

andy74

our local ford dealer is asking 100,000 over sticker for his-greedy bastard

BrianShaughnessy

Playing it again...  just for the sake of comparison.

Anthony ordered his 3 years ago,  the dealer tried to stick him for a premium when he went to pick it up ... he called his lawyer.  He got his car.   Then he got pulled over 1/2 mile down the road.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Blusmbl

I've driven several (because of my job) and I'll be honest, I'm completely in love with them.  If I had the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Chris G.

Vainglory, Esq.

Damn, they definitely have to build them with the Gulf paintjob.

Blusmbl

They are, it's a $13k (?) option on 06 model year GT's.

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/release_display.cfm?release=21377

Not to rub it in or anything, but the car parked next to my Caddy is the same one as featured in the article.  :icon_smile_tongue:

Tungsten silver is a new color for 06 as well, it replaces the light silver (as featured on Brian's buddy's GT).
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

Recharger

Quote from: Blusmbl on October 22, 2005, 04:33:25 PM
I've driven several (because of my job) and I'll be honest, I'm completely in love with them.   If I had the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Two Questions:

1.  What's your job?
2.  Are you guys hiring?

Blusmbl

1.  Powertrain development/calibration for a Tier 1 automotive supplier.  It has it's perks, but when you're stuck in a wind tunnel at 7:30 on a Saturday night sometimes it loses it's luster.  :P

2. Unfortunately, no.  But you wouldn't want to work here anyway. Trust me on that.  :icon_smile_cool:
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

andy74

my friend is a drivetrain tester for chrysler-he took me for a ride in a new srt8 jeep,holy shit they are quick!

Charger_Fan

I wanna be one of those guys who get's paid to endurance test new vehicles. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

'CUDA360

I knew a guy that did that but he was sub-contracted and they messed around with his hours ect.
The other problem was he tested GMs :-\

Saturns and stuff  ::)

Charger_Fan

I wouldn't care, I'd just like to beat the crap outta them! :icon_smile_evil:

The messing with hours part would suck, though.

mustanghater

Is their a job for durability testing? like hitting stuff with bats and pushing cars off cliffs.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Blusmbl

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 24, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

The guys who get to beat the crap out of them are usually very experienced engineers.  They don't let just anybody drive them.  :P  It's fairly easy to hire in as a milage accumulator though, but you end up driving something like a Focus for 8 hours a day on a predefined route.  It's really, really boring.

There was a GT in the back of Hot Rod magazine about a year ago, pictured in a ditch.  That was a 92 yr old lady who lost it in the rain, on part of her standard milage accumulation route.  :o

Nick
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

Shakey

Quote from: Duct_Tape_Bandit on October 24, 2005, 04:27:08 PM
Is their a job for durability testing? like hitting stuff with bats and pushing cars off cliffs.

Hey Man,

You are just asking for it with this line!

Old Moparz

Quote from: Duct_Tape_Bandit on October 24, 2005, 04:27:08 PM

Probably not, but I bet they need replacements for this position.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

'CUDA360

Quote from: Blusmbl on October 24, 2005, 05:46:38 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 24, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

The guys who get to beat the crap out of them are usually very experienced engineers.   They don't let just anybody drive them.   :P   It's fairly easy to hire in as a milage accumulator though, but you end up driving something like a Focus for 8 hours a day on a predefined route.   It's really, really boring.
Nick

Right.. He was one of those. He did get to drive Corvettes sometimes   :-\