News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Prices for Interiors ? ? ? ?

Started by Skull-1, March 31, 2007, 06:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skull-1

Is Year One competitive in regard to their interior pricing?   Seems like they're awfully expen$ive.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

70charger_boy

I would search ebay for interiors.  as a whole, interiors are very, very expensive

Shakey

Although price is important, as you shop for specific items, keep in mind customer service, shipping and return policies.

I've learned when it comes time to shopping around to save money, after spending hours checking prices with this guy and shipping costs with others, the money I was saving in the end was minimal compared to the time I wasted looking around.

Legendary Auto Interiors supplies many of the vendors and they do sell direct to the public.

41husk

I got Legendary interiors from Dantes on my 68 and from A-1 canvass for my Challenger and both were cheeper than buying direct from Legendary ???
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70charger_boy

The guy who owns a1 canvas is a douchebag

Skull-1

Thanks guys I will look into LEGENDARY via Dante.

Here are a couple of questions.......

1) Headliners - Do the LEGENDARY headliners include the sail board liner as well?

2) Is there a source to restore the UPPER front and rear door panels?   Mine are cracked all to heck...

1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom

rob9593

[quote ]

2) Is there a source to restore the UPPER front and rear door panels?   Mine are cracked all to heck...

http://www.justdashes.com/

dkn1997

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on April 01, 2007, 07:45:03 PM
The guy who owns a1 canvas is a douchebag

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel....
RECHRGED

70charger_boy

Skull-1

1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom

41husk

you might do a search on just dashes, there have been several threads on here regaurding them, They do good work in my opinion, but not cheap and they don't get in any hurry.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

twilt

Be careful, be VERY CAREFUL with whom you choose to BIZ with. YR1 no longer carries Legendary, they carry PUI. My experience with PUI covers was that they are garbage. As Shakey mentioned, price is not everything. Customer service, shipping, and RETURN POLICY are just as or more important. I got stuck with $360 worth of PUI covers because I bought them from an ebay Douche Bag (since they are a member here, I will not mention them by name)  who refused to stand behind the products that he sells, instead of a real business with real customer service and return policy. Dante has an outstanding reputation for both price and customer service and also sells Legendary. I will be taking my $$ to him next time.

69bronzeT5

Well theres a place by my house where I can get 69 lower door panels with the armrests, carpet, headliner and the rear package tray for about $500CAD
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikesbbody

Quote from: twilt on April 10, 2007, 02:23:53 PM
Be careful, be VERY CAREFUL with whom you choose to BIZ with. YR1 no longer carries Legendary, they carry PUI. My experience with PUI covers was that they are garbage. As Shakey mentioned, price is not everything. Customer service, shipping, and RETURN POLICY are just as or more important. I got stuck with $360 worth of PUI covers because I bought them from an ebay Douche Bag (since they are a member here, I will not mention them by name)  who refused to stand behind the products that he sells, instead of a real business with real customer service and return policy. Dante has an outstanding reputation for both price and customer service and also sells Legendary. I will be taking my $$ to him next time.

I agree with twilt, the pui stuff seems to be garbage (at least mine was) go with legendary 

LargerCharger383

Quote from: 70charger_boy on March 31, 2007, 08:56:22 PM
I would search ebay for interiors.  as a whole, interiors are very, very expensive

:iagree:  That was the most surprising thing when I started my charger, how expensive the interior parts were.  I bought used seats in OK condition and had them recovered and it ended up costing me over $600.....my whole car only cast a shade over 2k when I first bought it, so it was a huge investment for me.

JrJohnston

After 19 years in the upholstery bussiness I tend to agree with you on PUI for Mopar,BUT on there Chevelle stuff they are on the ball with that.Legendary is about the best for Mopar,and The Paddock stuff aint too bad.Not sure who they are using now days.But in the long run you get what you pay for,I had a customer bring in some stuff that he bought off of ebay and it was JUNK. I had to take 2" out of all the inserts,and had to take 3" off the skirt of the back cushion.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim