News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 charger with engine fitting issues...

Started by 1967charger, August 18, 2008, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1967charger

I have a 67 dodge charger that i recently rebuilt the motor and added headers(dynomax Cyclone ceramic-coated headers, jegs part#289-86034). When i put the motor back in the headers are touching the power steering pump and also touching the passenger side engine wall leaving no play for the engine :brickwall:. My driver side motor mount looks fine but my passenger looks a little worn upon inspection, is there anything else i am missing of why it is so tight? My dad has a 66 charger with a 440 and headers(but alas no power steering) and his clears fine although he has hedmann headers on his. If i put a solid engine mount on the passenger side will that help?

Rolling_Thunder

ummmm    sounds like poor fitting headers to me...   you can shim the passenger side mount with a shim kit but that might not help all that much....     dimple the tubes for P/S clearance...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

I agree with RT, I have a 383 in my 67 and even though it's like any other B-body with headers (tight here and there) I still have a lot more clearance than a 440 and they definitely don't hit my power steering pump.
If you have the engine on the hoist still, pull it out and just replace those engine mounts anyway.  New ones aren't expensive.