News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Style NASCAR wheels

Started by Ponch ®, October 22, 2005, 12:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Anyone know what theyre called or where one could find similar wheels? I'm talking about the old slotted wheels...preferably black:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

NHCharger

Ask Highbank Hauler. I believe he has a set on his Charger. His are blue.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ponch ®

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 22, 2005, 03:06:33 PM
Here ya go......

http://www.bartwheel.com/

Ive seen those, as well as Bassett and Aero. It was my understanding that theyre not for street cars though?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Ponch ®

Tight!

Check out what I found at Summit:

LINK

Not too shabby at $40 a pop.....

chrisII

i believe ponch is correct, most bart ,basset and aero wheels are not dot approved...ive always suspected nobody will really check.

moparguy01

how many times have you had someone come up and ask if your wheels are DOT approved. I wonder if some of thos spinner wheels or the 24" stupid things are DOT approved. 1 whack and that sucker has GOT to come apart.

Ponch ®

Quote from: chrisII on October 22, 2005, 04:12:51 PM
i believe ponch is correct, most bart ,basset and aero wheels are not dot approved...ive always suspected nobody will really check.

upon further review...

Bassett does make DOT wheels

http://www.bassettwheel.com/dot.html

chrisII

o wouldnt worry bout circle track wheels coming apart. they will take a hit to the wall hard nuff to fold the bead over, and still finish the race...ive proven it many times...some of the chebby boys think a slap to the wall will hurt a mopar as much as it does there cars. chevys will snap "heavy duty" axles about 50% of the time so some of the azzholes think shovin ya into the wall is guna help them pass. they get tought a lesson   ;D 
    I do agree most of those "bling" wheels wouldnt take much to break, i think with the rubber they mount on them they could break from corner loads if those guys could/ would drive the cars hard

69_500

Love that picture of the 71 car.

CB

I wanted those wheels to put on mine. There where not available at that moment. The guy said they are street legal.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500