News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what type of hose clamps?

Started by Charger72SE, October 22, 2005, 07:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger72SE

ok, so what type of hose clamps do you use - Corbin or the normal worm gear?  The Corbin gives the original look, but they were replaced by the adjustable hose clamp because they were safer.  Since the engine is out and /i have to reconnect everything including the hoses, now is the time to decide.

thanks for your comments!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

I will admit I was a little worried about the Corbin clamp when I put them on 4yrs ago, no
problems since at all and thousands of miles, some people just plane hate them but done right
you will have little or no problems. Oh yeah get the Corbin pliers  :thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Chryco Psycho

the wire / corbin type have the advantage of being self tightening but i have seen a lot of them leak , i fyou are going to use corbin Get the pliers
generally I use worm gear & check them once in a while

cudaken

Corbin pliers make them way easyer than when using normal pliers. Guess that was why I went with the worm style when I started to mess with car's when I was 18. Did not know about Corbin pliers. :-[

I still use worm type, easyer to find and one sizes will fit a lot of driffrent sizes. All you need to be is close to the sizes.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger72SE

yep, I have the pliers but I'm trying to decide on original looks or dependability of the clamps.  I don't want a problem down the road if I can do something to avoid it now.