News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ya think??

Started by HalfastAMX, October 23, 2005, 12:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 26, 2005, 12:29:47 PM
newspaper folks work 365   :yesnod:
And walk to work uphill both ways. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Shakey on October 26, 2005, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on October 26, 2005, 12:29:47 PM
newspaper folks work 365   :yesnod:

So do the cops!

So does my HVAC system.

Oh...we're talking about people
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Lowprofile

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 26, 2005, 12:20:49 AM
Quote from: drailed on October 25, 2005, 04:07:39 PM
I say make the church start paying taxes and carry there f^&ckin weight in this country and then i might start taken them seriously.

Well, up to THIS point this thread was pretty civil. I suggest that you edit your post before you alienate yourself from MANY members here. Your comment smacks of spiteful intolerance and a complete lack of intelligence. Maybe you should do some research before you spout off next time. :rotz:

Bill, I agree with some of what your saying, But he does have a right to speak his mind.

Most over the Road Truck Drivers work 365 days a year. They keep the economy of this country moving 24/7 so the rest of us can enjoy our lives and all the conveniences we sometimes take for granted.  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

ChargerBill

Quote from: Shakey on October 26, 2005, 12:22:29 PM
With all due respect Bill, who are you to suggest what another member should or shouldn't do with their posts?

Well Shakey, glad you asked...I hoped that someone would. I suggest that ANYONE who posts anything that is stated as fact should have some real world data to back up their claim...otherwise an "IMO" disclaimer is somewhat necesarry. So, what do I think he should have researched? Well, NON-PROFIT organizations of many kinds do not pay taxes (not only churches)...obviously he either isn't aware of that, or chooses to single out churches as evil or lawless...actually not sure of his thinking here. Either way, he's wrong. If you want to attack a group for not paying taxes, I would think that the billions dollar industry of Indian Gaming would be a better target, as they nare obviously NOT a Non-profit organization. Just my .02 ¢

LowPro, I agree he can speak his mind, but I feel he took this as an opportunity to bash religion/churches as opposed to adding something contructive. Please reread his post...

BTW: I'm nobody...K? :P
Life is a highway...

Lowprofile

Bill
I agree with you. He did bash without the facts. That being said, I don't think there's a rule around here [yet] about putting your foot in your own mouth or eating crow. Some simple research would have shown that faith based Charity's are among the most generous in the world.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Shakey

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 27, 2005, 03:58:53 AM
With all due respect Bill, who are you to suggest what another member should or shouldn't do with their posts?

...otherwise an "IMO" disclaimer is somewhat necesarry.

Isn't it already implied that each and every post on this site by each and every member automatically starts with "IMO", without ever being typed?  :shruggy:

And one should never ever refer to themselves as a "nobody".   :nono:  "IMO"

You are Bill, and that means you are somebody.   :thumbs:

psykicpup

Quote from: Shakey on October 27, 2005, 06:52:15 AM
Quote from: ChargerBill on October 27, 2005, 03:58:53 AM

...otherwise an "IMO" disclaimer is somewhat necesarry.

Isn't it already implied that each and every post on this site by each and every member automatically starts with "IMO", without ever being typed?   :shruggy:

And one should never ever refer to themselves as a "nobody".     :nono:   "IMO"

You are Bill, and that means you are somebody.     :thumbs:

Earlier I was going to 'get the pocorn out' but your very sensible & thoughtfull comment reminded me that we are friends here- we ALL mean something to each other (IMO)

Dont know the pledge that well but I assumed it meant 'god' small G as in anyones god rather than 'God' of the Christian faith - one of our best comedians over here - well Irish actually- used to end his show with 'may your god go with you' -nuff said
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

ChargerBill

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 27, 2005, 05:34:23 AM
Bill
I agree with you. He did bash without the facts. That being said, I don't think there's a rule around here [yet] about putting your foot in your own mouth or eating crow. Some simple research would have shown that faith based Charity's are among the most generous in the world.

It's a well known fact that Samaritans Purse, Christian Childrens Fund, The Salvation Army, Christian Aid, etc... provide more needed medicinal supplies, more clothing and blankets, more shelter services and feed more poverty stricken and hungry people than ANY other groups around the globe. In fact, many of the kitchens that cooked meals and the supplies that were provided after the hurricaines (if not most) were provided by Christian faith based organizations. Many think it's the Red Cross, but that's not the case very often. You make religious and faith based organizations pay taxes on donated funds and you lose this type of relief throughout the country and all over the world....and politicians and government know it.

Thanks for backing me up Lowpro
Life is a highway...