News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by TexasStroker, August 25, 2008, 01:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

Before I get bashed for asking this, yes I searched AND this isn't a typical "How do I" question.

I had my first chance to get on here in what seems like years last night and took the time to add one of the site's avatars to my profile.

Now the question: Is it cool if I use the avatar on other forums.  Not sure if they are property of this site or someone in Mopar Land created them or what.  I don't want to use them elsewhere w/o permission.  So basically, who created them and can I use them elsewhere??  And fear not, I know how to use them  ;)

Thanks in advance!

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Musicman

I can't really see anyone having a problem with it... ask the folks that run the joint, their just a PM away.

Troy

Quote from: Musicman on August 26, 2008, 11:13:35 AM
I can't really see anyone having a problem with it... ask the folks that run the joint, their just a PM away.
I suppose that's why it was posted here in the "Help" section... ;)

The avatars were created by ChargerBill some from the old site and more with the new site. He also created the logo and a bunch of other site graphics that you may or may not be able to see. Bill hasn't been around for almost a year (and a year before that last time). Technically, the avatars are the property of the site. I don't mind if you use them somewhere else but I wouldn't really want another site loading them as defaults.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TexasStroker

Quote from: Troy on August 26, 2008, 01:47:44 PM

The avatars were created by ChargerBill some from the old site and more with the new site. He also created the logo and a bunch of other site graphics that you may or may not be able to see. Bill hasn't been around for almost a year (and a year before that last time). Technically, the avatars are the property of the site. I don't mind if you use them somewhere else but I wouldn't really want another site loading them as defaults.

Troy

Cool...I always wonder who created all of them...I'd do it myself if I had the skill level, lol...Thanks to ChargerBill for drafting them and making them a reality for everyone to enjoy  :2thumbs:

On some local generic motorhead sites I was able to get the "440Magnum" screen name, so I thoguht it would be cool to use.  I have no fears of them using them as "defaults."  Where I am at is about 95% domestic brand x.  Used to be predominantly fox bodies, now many have transitioned to lsx powered f-bodies.  Long story short, you get roasted for having a Mopar...The avatars are safe from abduction simply because the site administrators in question despise Mopar...It is my job to make my presence known and familarize everyone with the beautifully designed  Charger tail panel   :coolgleamA:  With the club I'm slowly finding Mopar folks in the woodwork though...We might someday make it to 1%  :icon_smile_big:

If I see the site's I'm using misusing the avatar or altering it I'll tell them to knock it off and make ya'll aware of it asap. 
Thanks!  :cheers:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Musicman

:sorry:   didn't mean to offend anyone, but 2 days had past and no one had responded to his question, so I suggested he try using the PM system instead.

:cheers:

Troy

Quote from: Musicman on August 26, 2008, 03:59:37 PM

:sorry:   didn't mean to offend anyone, but 2 days had past and no one had responded to his question, so I suggested he try using the PM system instead.

Hey, I got to it within 37 hours (I was working for 16 of those, sleeping for 12, and driving for 6). It would have taken me at least that long to answer a PM. Either way, I'm still a few weeks faster than the government. And, nobody was offended - that's why I posted a smiley! :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TexasStroker

Quote from: Troy on August 26, 2008, 04:33:26 PM
Quote from: Musicman on August 26, 2008, 03:59:37 PM

Hey, I got to it within 37 hours (I was working for 16 of those, sleeping for 12, and driving for 6). It would have taken me at least that long to answer a PM. Either way, I'm still a few weeks faster than the government. And, nobody was offended - that's why I posted a smiley! :D

Troy

Haha, no problems here...not offended and it is actually pretty good response time imo...I know how hard it is to deal with other ple let alone everything that each of us has in our own lives...I simply posted the "shruggy" to bump the thread back to the top...I would have PM'd someone, but I wasn't sure who to ask...so I just stuck it in here, lol...

If I had the free time I would have used the avatar and asked this question back when I first joined, lol...Here we are a few months later and I got a chance to ask  :lol:

I always try and put AAM stuff first, which subsequently keeps me away from boards I'd prefer to be surfing or even checking personal email...It consumes time, but I like it, hence why I am willing to do it...I'm sure what I get in a few weeks isn't even what crosses this board in a day...37hrs and some schweet avatars...I'd say the board is doing well  :yesnod:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Musicman

Quote from: Troy on August 26, 2008, 04:33:26 PM
nobody was offended - that's why I posted a smiley! :D

Troy

Thanks, figured as much, but wanted to be sure  :cheers:  You know how it is... the words that we type are not always interpreted in the manner we intended.

Mike