News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

newbie question about ignition system

Started by busteed, August 28, 2008, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busteed

What is the difference between HEI and electronic conversion?  I am really confused.  My old 318 had the mopar conversion system, I believe.  It had the orange box and a coil that mounted on the firewall.  What are all the componets of each system called?  I have a feeling that if you go strictly HEI you have less componets?  What would be a nice brand/type to put in my 360? 

oldschool

HEI is what gm calls their electronic ignition. i would stay with a mopar system.... :Twocents:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Foreman72

:iagree: its one of if not the best factory ignitions out there...if you do go aftermarket i'd go w/ MSD...but the mopar's electric ignition id plenty good...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat