News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wing cars downunder

Started by aussie daytona, August 30, 2008, 10:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie daytona

hi guys...a couple of pics of the old aussie daytona you now have back  :brickwall: as well as a superbird for sale out here in 1983? anyone remember it leaving arizona for australia back then :shruggy: ???  also found an article on a homegrown bird built out here in the 80s. :cheers:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

aussie daytona

resized pics ::)

moparstuart

dart with a old 50's hemi  :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger Downunder

Super bird went back to the USA Steve Fisher brought it over and couldnt sell it.
[/quote]

Tim L

I was told of a guy who that had two superbirds, he sold one back to the states then shifted over there and took the other with him. Monks Daytona which you have photos of there went back in around 01'. I was speaking to a guy who said he spoke to a bloke who claimed to have a, "winged Dodge" sitting on blocks in his shed in Melbourne. I've got his name and was told he was an electrician but I'm yet to find him. I've also spoken heard form Paul Norris of Dodge City Conversions in Bayswater who has been told of a dark green Dayotna that's been seen driving on the highway in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne??? Who knows, out here it's like trying to find big foot!
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

nascarxx29

Daniel Monks daytona from Austrailia is onebadsuperbirds car currently painted in a dark blue with right hand drive.It was a US sold daytona that went down under for RH drive conversion .Its also known to have been in a movie down under.The Dartbird I recall from the same magazine article shown .In my old wingcar newsletters that did a story on the Austrailia daytonas .The article showed a black and white picture of a place in Sydney with US cars on the lot.I recall as Pye motors .

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

OneBadSuperbird

Hey, I think I know that car! 

Nice user name by the way!

The Aussie Daytona has been back here in the U.S. for a little over five years now.  It's a fun as hell car.  It  doesn't get to go out as much as I'd like.  The red, white abd blue Bird and the yellow Bird get a lot more seat time.
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

aussie daytona

:cheers:cool car...trying to finds a pic i have of my old 67 gran-prix pontiac parked near it at the same old steet machine nationals showing both of their swoopy noses :eyes:yes guys i know daytonas are way cooler :yesnod:

moparchris

The newspaper add of the lime green 'bird is from Phx, Az.  My brother and I looked at that car and tried to buy it right around 1982 or so.  Always wondered where it went, guess it went down under.  I still have the pictures I took of it when we went to look at it.  Just don't have a scanner to post the pics.  It was a neat car.  Is it still in New Zealand?

WingCharger

Hey, OnebadSuperbird I am thinking of painting my Daytona clone in the future the same color combo! It is a tough look.

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 02:52:58 PM
Hey, OnebadSuperbird I am thinking of painting my Daytona clone in the future the same color combo! It is a tough look.
Which color combo?  The original orange and black or the current blue and white?  If it's the blue, the actual color is 1998 Ford Taurus Moonlight Blue Mist.  There's so many orange Daytonas out there that it's pretty much a given that I'll never put it back to orange. 

WingCharger

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on September 03, 2008, 03:36:45 PM
Which color combo?  The original orange and black or the current blue and white?  If it's the blue, the actual color is 1998 Ford Taurus Moonlight Blue Mist.  There's so many orange Daytonas out there that it's pretty much a given that I'll never put it back to orange. 

Definantly the MoonLight Blue. I am split on white or black interior.
Also, what size are the rear tires. That isnt stock is it?

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 03:44:15 PMDefinantly the MoonLight Blue. I am split on white or black interior.
Also, what size are the rear tires. That isnt stock is it?
That's one thing I wish is that the interior was white.  The Moonlight Blue Mist is dark enough to where white would have been a really nice contrast.  I think you'll really like the Moonlight Blue.  It's a deep color that really, really pops in the sunlight.  Photos have never really done much to show the depth of the color in person.

The rear tires are 275/60-15's on widened 15x10 Magnum 500's.

Here's a wingless shot right out of the container on the L.A. freeways...

69_500

Hey glad to see ya posting over here again Jon.

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: 69_500 on September 03, 2008, 06:20:49 PM
Hey glad to see ya posting over here again Jon.

I was alerted to this thread by one of my watchful eyes so I figured I'd better come over here and see what all the fuss was about.  I drink my Kool-Aid over on MoPowerStyle.   :D
:cheers:

WingCharger

DO I SPY A VALIANT CHARGER?!?!?!?!?!?

Those are one of my favroite Mopars. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I wonder if any companies make MoonLight Blue Metallic paint?

Brock Samson

Quote from: WingCharger on September 03, 2008, 07:09:37 PM

Those are one of my favroite Mopars. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:slap:

WingCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 03, 2008, 07:12:57 PM

:slap:

I saw that after I posted. Too lazy to go back and change it. ;)

OneBadSuperbird

Yup, that car belongs to my buddy Jeff (OzHemi) in California.  If it weren't for Jeff and his partner Peter in Australia being in the import/export business, I would not own the Daytona today.

Jeff has owned that Aussie Charger for many years now and just shipped it back here from Australia.  It was here for many years before Jeff shipped it back to Australia for a light restoration.  The car is now back here in the U.S. looking brand spanking new.

On the paint, any paint store can mix you up the Moonlight Blue Mist.  Heck, I walked in an auto parts store and got a Dupli-Color touch-up bottle right off the shelf.

Ghoste

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: Ghoste on September 03, 2008, 07:27:05 PM
How's the V8 Vega project?
The Vega is retaining it's basically stock 360 for now.  All my efforts right now are to get all the chassis mods done and the new engine and trans in the white Superbird so we can go racing a little more seriously.

We had the Vega out on Woodward the entire week of the Dream Cruise and it actually made it onto Jalopnik's Woodward Dream Cruise photo galleries.  It's a great driver the way it is now but mid 13's from a car that ran low 9's at 140-plus in it's glory days just doesn't cut it.  We had two different groups of people come up to us at the Cruise that remembered the car fondly from it's glory days of west side Detroit street racing.  It was neat listening to them tell stories from back in the day.  I had no idea when I bought the car that I was buying a part of Motown street racing history.

Here's the two pics from Jalopnik...

OneBadSuperbird

The second one...