News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Feeding a dry 727

Started by BigBlackDodge, October 23, 2005, 07:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

I've had my 727 rebuilt and it's now mated back to the 318 which has also recieved a new cam/lifter kit. My concern is when I first fire up the motor I need to break in the cam by running it up to 2,000 rpms for 20 minutes or so. Should I pour in the whole 16 pts of fluid (dextron III/mercon) before fire up, or pour most of it in (say 80% or so) and give it the rest while it's breaking in?  ???

BBD

original72

start off with 3 or 4 quarts in the trans and then when the engine is running add 3 more...... after break in and a oil change run the engine again... get the trans fluid up to temp..... and check and add as needed....

Chryco Psycho

every 727 I have seen will hold 6-7 qts even with a tiny converter so start there

John_Kunkel

Be sure to start the motor with the shifter in Neutral instead of Park, this will fill the converter quickly.

Like CP said, start with 6-7 qts and add another 1 or 2 depending on the size of your converter and cooler.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BigBlackDodge