News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

493Charger is now setup with Nitrous!

Started by *, October 23, 2005, 10:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have all installed and was going to run it at the last race of the year but the bottle hasn't shown up yet. If it gets here in time I might be able to run it but really want some time to work out any bugs before I take it to the track. It is a 150-250 shot.
So..... Next year, I am shooting for 10.5x's.

In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

ChargerBill

CRAZY and WICKED!!! :icon_smile_big: Can't wait to see some timeslips...AND video! Maybe I need to head up north and you could take me for a ride... :o
Life is a highway...

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

thallium

You'll definetly hit 10's now.  I hope you don't grenade that beautiful engine.

Mefirst

derailed

Charger4404spd

6pkrunner

So very sweet. You're gone beyond serious street timeslips into the lunatic fringe. and its awesome. ;D

It is a NOS setup and it forced me to do a few things that I have needed to do for a long time.
I know I will get spanked by some of you guys but I have been running a 3/8 fuel line and a 110 pump since I put the car together. I have known all along that I needed to upgrade to 1/2" line but the price and time to do it kept me from doing it. I know that it has slowed me down and all of this was confirmed last week when I had engine builder/driver from div. 6 that diagnosed that I had too small fuel pump and line. He said that I was over jetting (88 square) to compensate for the lack of fuel at the top end. By the time I hit the top end I was running out of fuel and nosing over, hence the lower mph of 122.38.
I hope this makes sense because I have confused myself now. ??? :icon_smile_big:
In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

Charger4404spd

Yep makes good sense. Means you were very lean at the traps. Good thing you upgraded now before something bad happened :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

Quote from: 493Charger on October 24, 2005, 01:33:55 PM
It is a NOS setup and it forced me to do a few things that I have needed to do for a long time.
I know I will get spanked by some of you guys but I have been running a 3/8 fuel line and a 110 pump since I put the car together. I have known all along that I needed to upgrade to 1/2" line but the price and time to do it kept me from doing it. I know that it has slowed me down and all of this was confirmed last week when I had engine builder/driver from div. 6 that diagnosed that I had too small fuel pump and line. He said that I was over jetting (88 square) to compensate for the lack of fuel at the top end. By the time I hit the top end I was running out of fuel and nosing over, hence the lower mph of 122.38.
I hope this makes sense because I have confused myself now. ??? :icon_smile_big:

I wouldn't necessarily agree on the fuel line. The pump might be having problems keeping up but 3/8 is plenty for 600hp. I know of a certain plymouth that ran mid 10's at 128mph with a factory 5/16 line and HV mechanical fuel pump. A 600hp motor needs ~ 60gpm fuel supply which is no problemo for a 3/8in line. A larger line will require an even bigger pump to fight inertia at launch...fuel being forced backwards.

Have you tried the 1 gallon fill test ? It's easy ; fire up the pump and regulate the fuel pressure to 6-7 psi. Run the line down to a 1 gallon container and see how long it takes to fill. If the pump supplies 1 gallon in less than 45 seconds....fuel delivery is adequate for that hp level. Ā  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger_Fan

See 493, I told you that you already had answered your own question earlier. ;D

Looks good Man, go get 'em! :drive:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)