News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket 69 Grille question

Started by NMike, September 09, 2008, 06:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMike

are the new grilles softer than the originals? are they a different plastic?

i see the new ones on sale for $500 complete/shipped. i just don't want to waste my money on a so-so product i won't be happy with.

mopar0166

Where did you find Aftermarket grilles?

THE COLONEL

Quote from: mopar0166 on September 10, 2008, 06:30:15 AM
Where did you find Aftermarket grilles?

http://www.mopartraffic.com/

If NMike has a different site where they are complete for that price, please post it.  The site I posted they don't have the accessories, trim and hardware included.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Blown70

?  Is this something that is actually IN stock?  Guess with the problems with PP, I would be leary... Info would be good.

Tom

THE COLONEL

Hason anyone bought one of those reproduction grilles?
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

resq302

Looks almost identical to the add that Premeir Plastics ran in MCG.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mikepmcs

Quote from: Blown70 on September 10, 2008, 02:04:28 PM
?  Is this something that is actually IN stock?  Guess with the problems with PP, I would be leary... Info would be good.

Tom

Tom, exactly what I posted on another thread. Call him and see if they are in stock...the whole PP thing got me thinkin' you know.
Hope it is ready to go, get it now, etc....  I would've bought it 4 months ago myself instead of spending oodles of man hours rebuilding mine.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NMike

well i emailed and PM'd them a couple of days ago, no answers yet....

1FastCharger

I emailed too. I want to make sure they are IN STOCK and not drop shipped from PP.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

472 R/T SE

Quote from: resq302 on September 11, 2008, 08:32:05 PM
Looks almost identical to the add that Premeir Plastics ran in MCG.

It is, with "Mopar Traffic" added to the right hand corner.  From Premier's site:

NMike

darrin75

These are from Premier plastics so they would need a few days to ship.  I have had no problems with them so far, but I see alot of people do not like Premier Plastics.  I am still trying to get to the bottom of all the negativity, to be sure I want to even sell for them.  Like I said I have had no problems so far, but you never know.  I do have great contact with them.  I talk to angela almost daily.  I basically work for several different people.  I sell Gunslingers products and people get them faster.  It does seem here recently that premiere plastics are slow, but I do want poeple to realize this company is as far as I know a one family business, maybe they are in over their heads here.  My website by no means want to make people unhappy.  So, the first thing i want is... email me your ordered info, how you paid and when, to see if I can help right ship here.  If not They will be removed my from my website.  Like I said I have sold about 15 sets of tail lights all happy customers.  The grille however I have not sold not a single piece, so maybe thats where the problems start.  Let me know.
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

mikepmcs

I don't think the issue has ever been the taillights.  So, you don't have the grilles in stock then? If you are drop shipping the grilles and they are in fact from premiere plastics, that is definitely where the problem is. :Twocents:

Someone needs to get these things in stock and have them ready to go IMO, but I believe it's just PP who claims they are making them(meaning, i guess no one else makes them).

If you are advertising that you have these grilles available for purchase and you haven't got them, you are asking for a world of headaches.  A few unhappy customers on this site or elsewhere and your site will be known as mopartrafficJAM. :yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46188.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37156.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44353.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,36149.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,42557.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16620.0.html

That should get you started anyway.  Type in premiere plastics if you want more. 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NMike

i'd buy a set from someone that has it in the hands. i won't waste my time and money on a "it'll ship in a few days."

Blown70

Quote from: darrin75 on September 18, 2008, 11:23:54 PM
These are from Premier plastics so they would need a few days to ship.  I have had no problems with them so far, but I see alot of people do not like Premier Plastics.  I am still trying to get to the bottom of all the negativity, to be sure I want to even sell for them.  Like I said I have had no problems so far, but you never know.  I do have great contact with them.  I talk to angela almost daily.  I basically work for several different people.  I sell Gunslingers products and people get them faster.  It does seem here recently that premiere plastics are slow, but I do want poeple to realize this company is as far as I know a one family business, maybe they are in over their heads here.  My website by no means want to make people unhappy.  So, the first thing i want is... email me your ordered info, how you paid and when, to see if I can help right ship here.  If not They will be removed my from my website.  Like I said I have sold about 15 sets of tail lights all happy customers.  The grille however I have not sold not a single piece, so maybe thats where the problems start.  Let me know.

Darrin,  Sorry I would never buy anything that you would DROP SHIP from PP.  They are still from my understanding taking money and not delivering product.  That is WRONG.  I am glad you have a connection to speak to them but I have a guy down the road who has been waiting at least 9 months paid for it and is WAITING.  I would personally not do business with them.

I hope you have better luck than everyone else.

Tom

XS29J

This is my story with Premier Plastic Reproductions:

I ordered a 69 charger grille Thru phone contact with Angel Sexton on 3/28/08, This is over 6 months ago. She was very nice to talk to on the phone and said a grille would be on the way in 8-10 weeks. THE CATCH IS YOU CANNOT GET RETRIBUTION FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AFTER 60 DAYS. I have attached a photo of the credit card reciept. After many attempts thru June, July and Augest I finally got a response from ANGELA stateing my grille would be sent out the next week......Well here we are in October and NO GRILLE or any return calls from Angela or the company. Please note that if you GOOGLE premier Plastic Reproductions The first items that come up are the RIP OFF REPORTS filed by other customers.

XS29J

Emails I received::::

XS29J

And More:::

XS29J

No response  Will not answer phone calls What do you do.  """""I do not think I would be trying to sell a product for a company that treats people this way....""""

XS29J

If you go to Premier Plastic Reproductions WEBSITE their grilles are  ON SALE!!! For $375..  They never answer the phone but CALL YOU BACK if you are a potential PAYING customer. Don't lose your money to.
Jeff

XS29J

darrin75:   If you talk to ANGELA daily , What is her response to "WHY I'VE waited 7 months for a grille?
DO you sell their Grilles?
If so why?

Mike DC

We'd have gotten these grilles years ago if PP had not started doing this. 

They're not delivering enough to cover the demand for the part, but their operation's presence is still stopping others from investing in producing the grilles. 

XS29J

It is terrible that a Bussiness like Premier Plastic Reproductions is even allowed to exist. They take your money and then press on to take other peoples money with no remorse. If they cannot fill my order of ONE 1969 grille from MARCH of 2008 WHY would they continue advertising Grilles for sale And then EVEN HAVE A SALE ON THEM!!!    THEY do not deliver.  DON"T GET SCAMMED!  pass the word..

resq302

xs29j,

I can understand your frustration as I would hate to lose that kinda money too as money for me right now is extremely tight.  But, I am pretty sure that we all get the jist of your postings by now.  Please give it a rest or take matters to the next level and take them to small claims court.  Maybe a certified letter from an attorney will rattle their cage.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto