News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help shortening a driveshaft

Started by 69bananabeast, October 24, 2005, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

I'm in the process of going from a SB 904 to a BB 727 . Does anyone know how much the driveshaft needed to be shortened?

Please Bear with me I dont know the names of parts on a transmission.I measured the the tail end of each transmission and acme up with 3 1/2'' . I measured from about the back of the trans pan ( There was a flat square metal surface so i started from there) and measured to the point of where the tip of the  yoke is inside the transmission (where there was also a flat square metal surface).
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

John_Kunkel

This might help:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

cudaken

Nic, I thought you had a 440 all ready in the Charger that was getting the new 440. I know the other one was 318 but you where selling it?

Guess I cannot keep up, Ken
I am back

69bananabeast

well I thought that was gonna h elp , but I called the driveshaft shop and they want a measurement of the seel on the trans all the way to the differention. but I still have alot to do before I can get the engine and trans into the car.  :flame:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318