News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Column Shifted Console?

Started by WingCharger, September 11, 2008, 01:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Could you have ordered a 1969 Charger with a column shift, but also order a console? :shruggy: I know it is probably a stupid question, but I have always wondered if they offered it. I wonder how they would have made the console look?

By the way, does anyone have pictures of a White Interior with a 4-Speed non console? :coolgleamA:

Back N Black

Charger-Bodie

I don't know for sure about 69 , but according to my 68 service manual it was available to have a console and a column shift .

Here is a pic :

Its hard to read , but below the circled picture it says "with column shift" It appears to be a 4 speed top plate, with a block off plate instead of a boot.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

kab69440

The "blank" top plate was available in '66. I imagine a '69 version, if available, would look a lot like the one I cut down to mount on my package tray. Of course, it would have a woodgrain pattern instead of brushed aluminum.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

WingCharger

Sweet! :cheers:
I wonder if anybody makes the block off plate? :shruggy:

WingCharger

Ghoste

You're already planning to build a clone (among many other random ideas  :icon_smile_wink:) so what the hell do you care if it was available from the factory?  Go ahead and do it anyway.

WingCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 13, 2008, 10:24:26 AM
You're already planning to build a clone (among many other random ideas  :icon_smile_wink:) so what the hell do you care if it was available from the factory?  Go ahead and do it anyway.

Practicality. :icon_smile_big:

Well, I could make a custom plate... :scratchchin: