News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saw 5 2nd gen. Chargers today, incl. AllBlueRT

Started by bull, July 27, 2005, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

After an orthodontist appointment today I went by the body shop where my car will be painted to say hi and look around.  I was hoping the owner would have his '69 R/T there (it was) but what I didn't expect to see was four other Chargers including the Mike's former blue '70 R/T and another '69 R/T being worked over inside the shop.

Then, as I was talking to the owner's son, I noticed two more Chargers in the back lot that they are using for parts cars. One was a '68 and the other I think was a '69. The '68 parts car looked fairly complete and rust free body wise but the interior and drivetrain are completely gone.

The other '69 R/T inside the shop is a numbers matching car and is being restored for the Barrett-Jackson auction next year. There were also two Cudas and a '67 or '68 Camaro being worked on.

Pretty cool to see that many Chargers in one day, even though three of them were pretty rough.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 27, 2005, 08:39:41 PM
no pics?

No camera. I should know better than to leave the camera at home anymore. Before I went to the body shop I saw one of the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobiles at a car wash and thought, 'man I wish I had my camera." Then I see five Chargers. Sorry folks. Just try imagining it.   :icon_smile: Anyway, I just wanted to say how cool it was to see that many in one spot since I never see them outside car shows.

bull

Quote from: AllBlueRT on July 28, 2005, 12:36:39 AM
Was there that many at Woodburn?

The battery spewed pretty bad when we got back from the Nationals.   Tom took it in to spray the inner fenderwells.   The drip rail needed some attention as well.   I miss the car, I just don't miss not being able to drive it.

Seeing all those Chargers is like a prelude for Kent.

Yea, I wish I could go. There were probably about 8 2nd gen Chargers at Woodburn but half or more were racing.