News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

look at the apillars on this road runner strainge

Started by redrider, September 14, 2008, 08:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

hmmmmmm....... :scratchchin:

Back in the day, a handful of 'Birds and Daytona were converted back to normal cars at the dealer because the style was so extreme, nobody would buy them. Small stuff or stuff too difficult to convert was left alone, such as the plug or a-pillar trim or fender scoops. It is possible that this car originally had a big engine, such as a Hemi, and it was swapped out along with the tag and dash vin early in its life to save on insurance costs. They were very unfriendly to big blocks back then. This was somewhat common in the early 70's.

I am not saying this was common, but it has happened, and is possible. SO, two strange things would have happened to this car early in its life if it has become this and was originally a 'Bird. :2thumbs:

moparstuart

there were several cases of birds being converted back but not daytonas
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

You guys are seeing something that I don't see. Looks like regular back glass and the a-pillar is painted white.  :shruggy:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteYou guys are seeing something that I don't see. Looks like regular back glass and the a-pillar is painted white.     

:shruggy: i don't see it either . ok,  put the crack pipe down or pass it over here.  :coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dkn1997

Quote from: WingCharger on September 14, 2008, 09:02:05 PM
hmmmmmm....... :scratchchin:

Back in the day, a handful of 'Birds and Daytona were converted back to normal cars at the dealer because the style was so extreme, nobody would buy them. Small stuff or stuff too difficult to convert was left alone, such as the plug or a-pillar trim or fender scoops. It is possible that this car originally had a big engine, such as a Hemi, and it was swapped out along with the tag and dash vin early in its life to save on insurance costs. They were very unfriendly to big blocks back then. This was somewhat common in the early 70's.

I am not saying this was common, but it has happened, and is possible. SO, two strange things would have happened to this car early in its life if it has become this and was originally a 'Bird. :2thumbs:

How much would it cost the dealer to put a wingcar back to normal configuration?  they would have to pay all the labor to remove and reinstall the front end, locate a new front clip,pay for said front clip.  and how about all of the fasteners that probably got tossed by creative.  coudl they even get all of that stuff from the parts bin or were they combing junkyards for little clips, nuts, and bolts to hang regular sheetmetal back on?  paint over where the wings bolted on....seems like it would have been a hell of a lot easier to lower the price of the car.
RECHRGED

hotrod98

After two years on the lots, these guys might have done anything to get rid of the monstrosities.
It's just hard to understand now how outrageous these cars were at the time. Love is blind.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams