News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX engine on Craigslist

Started by Charger1970, April 26, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: General_01 on January 12, 2009, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 11, 2009, 09:27:06 PM
...and it makes no sense why mrs. purse strings can't get her head around buying this.

this whole stupid thread should just be deleted.  the only people who can't see the logic here are named Edwards.

Logic doesn't replace cash on hand. Plus, I am kinda pigheaded also. If some a$#hole bid on that motor just to hold it for ransom like he is, I would be stubborn enough to let him eat it. I'd just wait until he kicked the bucket and then buy it from his wife, who will most likely want to see all the "car junk" gone.

And I beleive I read that someone thinks they "owe it" to the next owner to buy this motor. Seems to me this guy will still have this motor if and when that ever happens. Isn't this about the third time he has listed this thing?

Another solution for one of you people concerned with this is to buy the motor and wait til the car goes up for sale. Seems you would get a 500 cheaper because it isn't numbers matching and add about $10,000 to the value of it just by pulling it to your place because you have the numbers matching motor. :Twocents:

this thread is eight pages long, and you obviously didn't read/comprehend much of it.

talkiemopar

Seems the older we get (DC) and of course the two of us - the more impatient - we become.  It becomes increasingly difficult to read pages and pages of type.  Ho - Hum seems at least the 'general' has it right.   :2thumbs:

talkiemopar

oops!  I forgot - Frank (guy with the motor) seems to wan to see pics of the car and a price  :popcrn: :yesnod: Now do ya really think he'll really buy it?   And then drop the motor in it and resell on e-bay for lets say 6 figures :drool5:  and the yarn goes on ---- :cheers:

General_01

Quote from: pettybird on January 12, 2009, 05:56:06 PM
Quote from: General_01 on January 12, 2009, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 11, 2009, 09:27:06 PM
...and it makes no sense why mrs. purse strings can't get her head around buying this.

this whole stupid thread should just be deleted.  the only people who can't see the logic here are named Edwards.

Logic doesn't replace cash on hand. Plus, I am kinda pigheaded also. If some a$#hole bid on that motor just to hold it for ransom like he is, I would be stubborn enough to let him eat it. I'd just wait until he kicked the bucket and then buy it from his wife, who will most likely want to see all the "car junk" gone.

And I beleive I read that someone thinks they "owe it" to the next owner to buy this motor. Seems to me this guy will still have this motor if and when that ever happens. Isn't this about the third time he has listed this thing?

Another solution for one of you people concerned with this is to buy the motor and wait til the car goes up for sale. Seems you would get a 500 cheaper because it isn't numbers matching and add about $10,000 to the value of it just by pulling it to your place because you have the numbers matching motor. :Twocents:

this thread is eight pages long, and you obviously didn't read/comprehend much of it.

Just so you know, I am the one who got this freight train going. I found the block for sale and pm'd Paul (PocketThunder) to see if it was his block. My next step would have been to pm Danny or Stuart to keep it under the radar. Paul started the thread instead and this is where it is at. Oh well. I will give you that I have not checked up on this thread in a while though, so maybe I should reread it.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

maxwellwedge

Where is this motor now? I'll buy it and put it in a Camaro so we can get a newer, saucier thread started.  ;)

Ghoste

Quote from: talkiemopar on January 12, 2009, 02:16:53 PMWe're doing o.k.   Ricks still kicking - now it's me.  and the saga goes on

Wait a second here Sherry, are you saying that now you have to go for an operation of some sort?

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on January 13, 2009, 05:01:22 AM
Quote from: talkiemopar on January 12, 2009, 02:16:53 PMWe're doing o.k.   Ricks still kicking - now it's me.  and the saga goes on

Wait a second here Sherry, are you saying that now you have to go for an operation of some sort?
that is what i read into that statement  also   :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

62 Max

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 12, 2009, 09:42:23 PM
Where is this motor now? I'll buy it and put it in a Camaro so we can get a newer, saucier thread started.  ;)

I'll go half on it with you just to end it.If the damn guy don't want it ,let it end. :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Did someone mention putting a 440 in a Camaro?   ;D

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 13, 2009, 12:35:40 PM

What is it called now? Chevrolet Chargmaro?  :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

how about in this  

maxwellwedge

Quote from: General_01 on January 13, 2009, 12:39:12 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 13, 2009, 12:35:40 PM

For Sale: F6 Green, 440 um, um, um Chargero

What is it called now? Chevrolet Chargmaro?  :icon_smile_big:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on January 13, 2009, 12:41:04 PM
how about in this  

Stuart - Either you or I should put this  :horse: out of it's misery...  Since the C500 owner shows no real interest in the motor, you or I should try to get it for our C500s.  I hate to take a chance on the conditon of the block, but would not hesitate if if was my C500's original block.

One way or another this  :rant: needs to end... wanna flip for first try at buying the block?  Maybe we could take a poll...  :lol:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

BigBlockSam

Quoteyou or I should try to get it for our C500s

:yesnod: yep
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on January 13, 2009, 06:11:31 PM
how about in this  

Stuart - Either you or I should put this  :horse: out of it's misery...  Since the C500 owner shows no real interest in the motor, you or I should try to get it for our C500s.  I hate to take a chance on the conditon of the block, but would not hesitate if if was my C500's original block.

One way or another this  :rant: needs to end... wanna flip for first try at buying the block?  Maybe we could take a poll...  :lol:

Allen
go ahead allen I know rick too well and could never put that motor in my car and feel good about it . 
  Oh and good to see you, hope all is well .

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 14, 2009, 09:24:39 AM
how about in this  

Allen
go ahead allen I know rick too well and could never put that motor in my car and feel good about it . 

I dont know any of you guys, and my car needs a block... Hmmm  :scratchchin:   :scratchchin:     :nixon:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 14, 2009, 11:28:52 AM
how about in this  

Allen

I dont know any of you guys, and my car needs a block... Hmmm  :scratchchin:   :scratchchin:     :nixon:
have at it paul , your car deserves it , no 500 should have a mobile home motr   :smilielol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 14, 2009, 12:24:45 PMI dont know any of you guys, and my car needs a block... Hmmm  :scratchchin:   :scratchchin:     :nixon:
have at it paul , your car deserves it , no 500 should have a mobile home motr   :smilielol:
[/quote]

That one didnt pan out.  I have a 73 Imperial 440 lined up for it. 

Finn

Hey now...there's no shame in motor home motors  :-\...*crys in corners*
:icon_smile_big: j/k I actually think my was out of an imperial too though I don't know how to check.

Oh well its incentive to start saving up for that new 440 hemi crate motor from Arrington. :drool5:

http://www.arringtonengines.com/p-1025-440-hemi-crate-engine-by-arrington-engines.aspx
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

xs29j8Bullitt

how about in this  

Allen

I will contact the seller and see IF a deal can be worked out... I won't give his asking price, but will pay more than the block is worth as "just" a 1969 440 block...  A lot depends on what I can find out about the condition of the block, there were claims & denials about the condition (.060 over, etc), but I do not know who to believe...

BTW, Rick E. previously gave his go-ahead to buy the motor... see attachment below.

Stuart - Thanks for the well wishes.  I was totally tied up with work late last year, working 11-12 hours days for a while.  Last year sucked for me and many of my friends, so on New Year's Eve I bought myself a new toy to get 2009 off to a better start... see attached pictures.

I hope I can buy the block, but think the chances of agreeing on a price with the seller are only 50/50...

Allen

General_01

I like your new toy. I keep pointing them out to my wife, but so far no luck for me. :-\
496 stroker
4-speed

Davtona

Hello Allen,

Just wondering if that new toy in the garage will be in St. Louis this September? Looks like something you and a old buddy from Iowa might take for a few laps around the track.   :lol: Oh ya old Aero cars only on the track. Maybe we could be the pace car.  ;D Probably not a good idea on second thought. OK we'll just take it when we go out to eat and reminisce on Saturday night. Seriously very nice.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Davtona on January 14, 2009, 08:57:45 PM
Hello Allen,

Just wondering if that new toy in the garage will be in St. Louis this September? Looks like something you and a old buddy from Iowa might take for a few laps around the track.   :lol: Oh ya old Aero cars only on the track. Maybe we could be the pace car.  ;D Probably not a good idea on second thought. OK we'll just take it when we go out to eat and reminisce on Saturday night. Seriously very nice.

Dave registered and is posting...  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:

Welcome to the forum Dave!!!

I will probably have it at the next show that I see you at, whether it St Louis or Talledega.  You even get to drive it...  :yesnod:

Allen

Davtona

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on January 14, 2009, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: Davtona on January 14, 2009, 08:57:45 PM
Hello Allen,

Dave registered and is posting...  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:

Welcome to the forum Dave!!!

I will probably have it at the next show that I see you at, whether it St Louis or Talledega.  You even get to drive it...  :yesnod:

Allen

I thought that might get a reaction. Well at least you knew who it was. I'm planning on St. Louis. One things for sure it will be faster than our usual golf cart.