News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX engine on Craigslist

Started by Charger1970, April 26, 2008, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

there is one sitting about 10 miles from my house, for $100.  I just need to go get it.   :icon_smile_big:  Its a bare block only that need .060 over.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 05, 2009, 02:25:13 PM
there is one sitting about 10 miles from my house, for $100.  I just need to go get it.   :icon_smile_big:  Its a bare block only that need .060 over.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
nice boat anchor ,  I want one that wont over heat   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 02:30:59 PM
nice boat anchor ,  I want one that wont over heat   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

sleeve it.  the B5 car has no issues.  there's close to 30k miles on it since the rebuild in '99. 

moparstuart

If it was my original block yes i would sleeve it , but not if it's just a replacement , I will keep looking for a good one

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on February 05, 2009, 02:30:59 PM

The only way to tell whether or not there's a problem with an .060 overbore is to sonic test the cylinder walls.  Everyone ASSUMES that .060 is the limit, when some blocks can take well in excess of that dimension.  It all depends on how the block was cast, and whether there was any shifting of the sand cores during the casting of the block.  Some blocks are iffy at standard bore for that reason alone, although that's pretty rare.

:Twocents:

WingCharger

There is a 1975 Motorhome 440 for sale near me for $500. Longblock, advertised on a piece of plywood as "1975 440. Full Engine. $500." :cheers:

Too expensive for me. :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

Quote from: WingCharger on February 05, 2009, 06:27:56 PM
There is a 1975 Motorhome 440 for sale near me for $500. Longblock, advertised on a piece of plywood as "1975 440. Full Engine. $500." :cheers:

Too expensive for me. :icon_smile_big:

I have a forged crank '72 motor and 727 transmission I'd let go for less than that...  I need it out of the driveway, but you can't beat it for garage security--it's blocking the Petty car's door.

Charger Aficionado

Well guys...  Something crazy...  I'm the one buying the XX 440.  I didn't think Rick was going to bid on it, so I bid (and he said he didn't)... 

I currently NEED a running 440 for a '70 Charger.  I WAS planning to purchase THIS:  http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/1015167783.html  initially.

I'm thinking about doing a Dayclona out of the '70, and thought it would be a novelty to do the XX VIN engine...  SO anyway...  I talked to Rick tonight and we have a tentative arrangement to trade the engine for the '70 engine he has in his C500 >>>IF IF IF one of you would be so kind as to help me re-build the '70 block.  With my gas from Dallas I will end up being into the XX engine as much as that rebuilt '69...  THEN I have to drive up to Ricks to get the '70 engine...  Is there anyone in N. Texas that can re-build the '70 for me (I buy parts)?  I'm not a machinist, nor do I have the tools to do it, AND I am on a budget. 

Above all I will remain "open-minded" on this, and really WANT the engine with it's rightful vehicle.

I have not sent the money yet.  I am very apprehensive on purchasing an engine that was replaced by Chrysler warranty.  I'd like to drive out and have an engine shop check it out? 

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 12, 2009, 08:10:12 PM
Well guys...  Something crazy...  I'm the one buying the XX 440.  I didn't think Rick was going to bid on it, so I bid (and he said he didn't)... 

I currently NEED a running 440 for a '70 Charger.  I WAS planning to purchase THIS:  http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/1015167783.html  initially.

I'm thinking about doing a Dayclona out of the '70, and thought it would be a novelty to do the XX VIN engine...  SO anyway...  I talked to Rick tonight and we have a tentative arrangement to trade the engine for the '70 engine he has in his C500 >>>IF IF IF one of you would be so kind as to help me re-build the '70 block.  With my gas from Dallas I will end up being into the XX engine as much as that rebuilt '69...  THEN I have to drive up to Ricks to get the '70 engine...  Is there anyone in N. Texas that can re-build the '70 for me (I buy parts)?  I'm not a machinist, nor do I have the tools to do it, AND I am on a budget. 

Above all I will remain "open-minded" on this, and really WANT the car with it's rightful vehicle.

I have not sent the money yet.  I am very apprehensive on purchasing an engine that was replaced by Chrysler warranty.  I'd like to drive out and have an engine shop check it out? 

Jude you are a good man...  :cheers:

Unfortunately i'm not in Texas to help out. .   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

very cool I hope it all works out and rick gets the motor  ? we shall see

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: moparstuart on February 12, 2009, 09:44:26 PM
very cool I hope it all works out and rick gets the motor  ? we shall see

I WANT him to have the Engine.  We just need to do some "HORSE TRADIN'"! 

Here's the thing...  I think it is a huge risk.  I offered him the engine unconditionally for the '70 engine, (no money just swap).  He was reluctant to offer to unconditionally trade (in case XX engine is damaged from the time it was warranty swaped).  I doubt it's ruined.  These engines are TOUGH. 

To make it work for ME:  I have to have someone down south (preferably in N.Tx) to be able to "rebuild" the '70 engine if they have the tools and "know how" to re-build.  Rick has to Unconditionally offer to swap for complete '70 engine (especially since I'm offering to drive all the way up to him).

I am in Dallas and don't have ANY engine rebuilding resources here.  I COULD/WOULD consider leaving it in another southern state if someone came forward. 

So far I'll be doing A LOT of driving.  Flying to Utah for a NICE '93 Ramcharger I'm buying.  Drive to Washington for the '70 Charger I'm picking up, back down to Merced, Ca to drop off Charger for paint, over all the way across to Ga to get engine, up to Ky to swap w/ Rick, and back to Dallas.  MAN, I'm gonna spend ALOT on gas!  Thank God it's a good time for a road trip $2 gas! 

If I don't have a plan on a way to rebuild '70 I'll just take the neg.  Just too much driving to make it all work.  The '70 came-up out of the blue, and I didn't plan on having to make that trip too... 

Here is the CRAZY trip I'm thinking about making: 
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/Charger-Aficionado/Map2.jpg

pettybird

after you make the swap with Rick I'll paypal you $100 to defray the rebuilding costs

it's a start--

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on February 13, 2009, 08:51:24 AM
after you make the swap with Rick I'll paypal you $100 to defray the rebuilding costs

it's a start--
I can kick in $50.00 and will see if I can scrape up some more 

Troy

Why not have someone here in Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana (where the engine is) rebuild it? Lots of members here and several good shops. Or is it because you need to get the XX engine here to see if the trade is worthwhile first?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

pettybird

stew call Rick and smack him around--make sure he's 100% go on his end.  the quality of the XX motor is irrelevant. 

moparstuart

when i see him in virgina , I am going to smack him hard .  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :slap: :slap: :slap:

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on February 13, 2009, 10:06:37 AM
I
,    are you speech less rick , somehow I dont think that could ever happen ?  :smilielol: :smilielol:

talkiemopar

I talked to Jay and told him a trade would be fine .When it comes to MOPAR GREATS he is the ONE. Thanks,Rick

PocketThunder

Quote from: talkiemopar on February 13, 2009, 10:41:24 AM
I talked to Jay and told him a trade would be fine .When it comes to MOPAR GREATS he is the ONE. Thanks,Rick

Jay?  I thought his name was Jude?   :shruggy:

talkiemopar

Its one or the other----same person.I must have gotten it wrong.    Rick

PocketThunder

Quote from: talkiemopar on February 13, 2009, 12:34:13 PM

Or you can call him fifthforcon...  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 13, 2009, 12:45:56 PM

you can call me ray or you can call me jay , but you doesnt have to call me johnson .

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 13, 2009, 12:45:56 PM

Old-Timer Alert!!!   :lol:

hotrod98

I prefer to go by my muslim name...Seldum Ben Lade  :icon_smile_big:

My mother calls me " Seven of Nine". Doesn't make sense to me though since there's only four kids and I was the first born.
Shouldn't I be "One of Four".

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams