News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hi All! I finally joined you in here

Started by Dave Kanofsky, September 24, 2008, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Thanks for the pics. Car looks great man  :2thumbs:

Any history on her?

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 25, 2008, 08:11:47 AM
Quote from: pettybird on September 24, 2008, 10:12:14 PM
YOU might have had a good rime with this guy but i was the one who got kidnapped at a Ponderosa by him!

The way I see it Doug, your Mom abandoned you there and we took you back!  I hope you're feeling better.  Same for Stuart.

Danny - Too bad you had to leave before we got there, but your wife's birthday is certainly more important!

Thank you all for the kind words and warm greeting.

Last pic, I promise (for now...).  taken from Aerowarriors.com, It's at Tim Wellborn's house in '04.  Larry Rathgeb, Charlie Glotzbach, George Wallace, and Doug Schellinger are gathering next to my car, along with a crowd of us.

if doug wouldnt have been kissing on me he would have never gotten sick !!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

The history on the car is:

- Originally sold new in Manhattan, KS at Ed Schram Dodge to James L. Rose.  Apparently Jim had the dealer add A/C and drove it for about 10 years and 60K miles.  I am still trying to contact Jim.  He use to work for Good Year and moved shortly after buying the car to Wellington, KS.    I called Ed Schram Dodge but they have no records of the car, or anything older than 10 years.  The car was also serviced at Spencer Dodge in Wichita, KS.  They have been out of business since before I got the car.

- Dick Flora may have owned the car for a short while, but this is not confirmed

- From 1980 until 1997 the car was in the Wheels and Spokes Auto Museum in Hayes, KS while Jerry Juenemann owned it.  I have spoken with Jerry and he was very helpful and provided some great documentation.  It shows up in a Five Star Video titled "Great Mopar Collections".

- Loren Pabian in NE owned it from 1997 until 2001.  Loren took the A/C off and drove it around a bit.  I met Loren at the Mopar Nat's in '06.  He sold the car to buy a Hemicuda.

- Broker Fred Englehardt in MN bought the car from Loren and sold it right away

- Tom Abrams in MI bought it with the intention of restoring it, but a black Daytona came up so he sold it back to Englehardt after a very short time.

- Englehardt sold it again

- Kevin Moore, in IA, a dealer, bought it to sell it again

- I bought it from Kevin Moore in late '02.

- My dad and I restored it in late '03/early '04.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.   ;D

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

very cool history , love hearing about local kansas cars !!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 25, 2008, 08:11:47 AM
Quote from: pettybird on September 24, 2008, 10:12:14 PM
YOU might have had a good rime with this guy but i was the one who got kidnapped at a Ponderosa by him!

The way I see it Doug, your Mom abandoned you there and we took you back!  I hope you're feeling better.  Same for Stuart.

Danny - Too bad you had to leave before we got there, but your wife's birthday is certainly more important!

Thank you all for the kind words and warm greeting.

Last pic, I promise (for now...).  taken from Aerowarriors.com, It's at Tim Wellborn's house in '04.  Larry Rathgeb, Charlie Glotzbach, George Wallace, and Doug Schellinger are gathering next to my car, along with a crowd of us.

That was a good day...............  I remember it well...........  Thanks for sharing that pic Dave.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on September 25, 2008, 08:58:42 AM

Coooool. I seen it when it was in Hays  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

Yeah I think that car was out front alongside the window at Jerry's place.  I'm sure I have video and pix of it.  Back then Jerry was just a guy with a lot of cars. 

I lived in Hays all my life until I got hooked up here in the NW.  Supposedly Jerry had 3-4 more warehouses with cars scattered around western Kansas.

And welcome to the Forum.

nascarxx29

Car has cool history I remember reading in a newsletter from the guy from goodyear with dealer mechanical dilemas from new.Not sure on this was this car at the dealer Happy Days

http://www.happycarz.com/pics_and_descp.php?id=346
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

mikepmcs

Dave,

can you post the pics of those guys signing your dash. :icon_smile_big:

thanks

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

cool history..im really taking a liking for aero cars  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I don't believe that Dave's car is the same one you posted the link for xxnascar. I was under the impression that the car in the link was now in Ohio. Or at least I was pretty sure it was in ohio after happydayz sold the car.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on September 25, 2008, 07:31:16 PM
I don't believe that Dave's car is the same one you posted the link for xxnascar. I was under the impression that the car in the link was now in Ohio. Or at least I was pretty sure it was in ohio after happydayz sold the car.
happydays is 20 miles from my salvage yard buisness

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 25, 2008, 08:44:13 AM
if doug wouldnt have been kissing on me he would have never gotten sick !!

sometimes a boy just can't help himself.

Aero426

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 25, 2008, 06:03:07 PM
Car has cool history I remember reading in a newsletter from the guy from goodyear with dealer mechanical dilemas from new.Not sure on this was this car at the dealer Happy Days

The Happy Days Daytona was the black cherry car that Donna Schill owned in Milwaukee.   She bought it from Florida arounf 1979 and did the custom work.   She sold it in the mid 80's to Indiana.  From there it wound up at Happy Days.    Don't know where it is now, but it's not Dave's car.

nascarxx29

It looked familar color and wheels.But looked it up and see its close to the Tim Wellborn daytona

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on September 25, 2008, 10:32:26 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 25, 2008, 06:03:07 PM

The Happy Days Daytona was the black cherry car that Donna Schill owned in Milwaukee.   She bought it from Florida arounf 1979 and did the custom work.   She sold it in the mid 80's to Indiana.  From there it wound up at Happy Days.    Don't know where it is now, but it's not Dave's car.

My boss owned it for a while, and selling the car was the catalyst for opening Best of Show...  I'm not sure where it is now. 

that car was V2 and not R4 anyway.

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: The70RT on September 25, 2008, 12:43:25 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 25, 2008, 08:58:42 AM

Coooool. I seen it when it was in Hays :2thumbs:

Cool.  If you or 472 R/T SE have any pics you can share that would be GREAT.

Doug is right, my car is not the happydayz car, although that looked like a great ride.

nascarxx29 - you saw the letters in the Winged Warriors newsletter, and you are right, Jim Rose was not happy with the car at all, the letters are in the following posts...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Dave Kanofsky

Jim Rose to Chrysler letter...pg1

Dave Kanofsky

page 2 & 3...

moparstuart

very cool letters ,  our cars have reached legendary status now , but back then they were just new cars and had problem like today !

nascarxx29

Cool documentation of wingcars quality control issues? XX29L9B409058 and XX29L9B410770 with rocker mouldings ended up together for sale.I think seller was in MN