News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

some price quotes...

Started by deathcharger71, October 25, 2005, 04:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

how much to install 4.10 gears, sure grip(dana trak lock), and bearings. have all the parts just need it installed. only quote i have as of now is 600 bucks....!! if its that much im gonna have to wait a while.

and is 75 dollars a good price for getting my intake port matched, i know i could do it myself but i dont have the tools and would hate to mess up and ruin it.

and my power steering pump leeds about a full bottle every 4 days and it dripped into my driver side brake and messed crap up in there so its time to replace that. my mechanic will charge me 65 bucks...or i could do it myself, how hard is the install. keep in mind my mechanic abilitys are limited to alternators, 4 link suspensions, carbs, intakes, one boat engine install....which was easier then pie. and i have a dad who hates oil on the driveway haha.
thanks for everyones help and input -scott

cudaken

$75.00 to port match the intake, that seems OK. Not a steal but OK. But if the heads had not been matched ported not sure what kind of gain you would see.

On changing the PS, I would do that my self. But you will need the old pully pressed off and on the new pump. Think that cost me $20.00 but been a while. That was on my 68 Road Runner with a fedural pump.

Cuda Ken
I am back

andy74

600 for the rear end sounds pretty high to me,id check around-if you have all the parts,and its all labor-i agree with ken,do the pump yourself,and ask a shop to press the pulleys on and off,it should be cheap enough.get it done soon,you dont want to drive it with power steering fluid all over your brakes-probably will need to change the pads as well. as for the intake,id leave it alone,as ken said,if your heads arent ported it probably wont make enough difference for you to feel it.save the cash for something else-just my 2 cents,Andy

deathcharger71

the heads were ported and polished by the same shop that will port the intake for 75 dollars.

cudaken

Do it then Death. See if they would do it for $55.00, worst they will say is no.

Cuda Ken
I am back

694spdRT

Is the $600 just for labor on the rear? That does seem high to me. I know a guy locally here that does a lot of gear swapping and I don't think the kids and farmers around here he does it for could swing $600 for it. I am just guessing but half of that seems more reasonable for a Dana 60 gear setup.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

deathcharger71

are al power steering pulleys press on? i took the old in as a core got the new one and now my mechanic says the pulley wont fit because this pump is a screw on and the other was press on.....and they dont sell the pulleys so i cant drive my freakin car. im so f--king lost the guy at kragen said that they are all press on. and the new one looked EXACTLY the same. what the hell is going on?