News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey, check out the Mopar models I made in the mid 80's.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 28, 2008, 09:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

After seeing pettyfan43's great models it reminded me of what I have sitting up in my attic.  As a kid in 68,9 and 70 I made tons of Muscle car models of the times, but as a teenager most got dust and dirty from sitting around and we blew them up with fireworks. :icon_smile_blackeye:  Come around 1982 or so I got back into the bug and built close to 75 or so models , but this time I put them all in a case.  I can't believe these are already 25 years old, man time flies.  I have about 60 of them in boxes in the attic, I went up there tonight and grabbed the Mopar ones.  If the models came in a plastic color like the JO HAN red superbird then I left it that way and maybe cleared it.  You can see on one of the 69 Chargers the tires shrunk in towards the rims.  After 25 years they are as shiny and dust free as the day I built them.  All the engine compartments are detailed too, and I dated them under the hood.  My model days are long over, I hope the kids appreciate my time and work as a 20 something year old.  Back in the attic they go.  I may have more Mopars as I have an original 1970 Super bee in Purple somewhere?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BROCK

Cool collection!  I have many of those same models.  Saving em for when I'm too old to work on the real thing
caue none are finished if even started.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

pettyfan43

I've got some of those new in the box still, I've still got some I built ages ago! I'll have to shoot some pics.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pettyfan43

I really like those builds, I have that yellow Challenger and it has a BROWN interior as well!!!!   :rofl:

The JoHan cars are too cool, hard to find those now. You have some really neat cars in your collection there!

Big Lebowski

Nice collection. I had a few of those myself, unfortunatly I was the type of kid that blew up all of my models. :smilielol:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

71ChallengeHer

Very cool.  :2thumbs: There was a guy at a show last week. He had all kinds of old models. A good bit of  Mopar ones. I know he had a 69 Charger. I bought a 70 Challenger RT model from him for $9. I have his business card somewhere.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on September 28, 2008, 10:37:40 PM
Very cool.  :2thumbs: There was a guy at a show last week. He had all kinds of old models. A good bit of  Mopar ones. I know he had a 69 Charger. I bought a 70 Challenger RT model from him for $9. I have his business card somewhere.
Thanks everyone.  I was hoping you were around to see the challenger cars.  I built the yellow one exactly like it was shown on the box if I remember correct.  :icon_smile_big:
I used to save all the box covers also.  I also have lots of Pace car built models.  I was a big pace car fan back in 84 when I had my 69 camaro pace car. 396/4speed, cool. I had about 50 unbuilt pace car models.  About 10 years ago I listed them on ebay, one at a time.  I think I got about 50.00 a model at the time. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

knitz01

Magnumcharger

Nice collection!
The only models I saved were the Hubley metal models I scrimpted and saved for....which cost copious $$$$$$$$ for a 12 year old! Shovelling snow and mowing lawns was my business.
I built that JoHan Superbird too. I painted mine Plum Crazy purple, and it got a white interior. It turned out so nice I had a friend buy it off of me for $40, and that was back in 1985!
I recall the detailing on those JoHan models were the best. I especially liked the wheels.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

41husk

cool models,  I had several models as a kid and I don't remember finishin a single one.  Some got close.  I guess thats the same with my real cars some were close but I don't know if they ever get finished.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

1969chargerrtse

Did some more digging in the house and dug up pictures from the ole days when I had a life, but no wife. :smilielol:  You can tell the 70 S Bee is really from 1970 by the license plate date.  Check out the slicks.  The vette model was a gas powered car, and just like the real vette, it flew.  The 82 pace car was sprayed with an air brush with real correct color paint from GM.  I sold it on ebay years ago.  See the pcture of the whole display.  In there are 3 69 Chargers, one is an actual promo model from Dodge, we used to buy lots of them for 1.00.  I sold it in our local paper for 230.00 over ten years ago!!!

71ChallengeHer

If any of you want the guys # that has the models, send me a PM. He was selling them pretty cheap.

69bronzeT5

I REALLY need to get cases for my finished models. I have a display case that holds 16 or so models....the case has 15 in it. :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic