News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake Pedal Assmbly Question??????

Started by wldside, September 30, 2008, 08:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wldside

I just got my 69 back from the painter Friday and I am starting the re-assemble process.  It's been three years since I stripped the car and I just can't remember where the spring goes on the brake pedal assembly.  :brickwall:  I will try to post a pic of where I put it, but I'm not a 100% positive that tis is where it goes.  I put one end through the top two slots on the top of the pedal support frame and the other end in the detented area on the arm that actuates the master cylinder.  Is this right, please let me know what you think.  Thanks. Dave

Rolling_Thunder

honestly i dont remember seeing any spring on the cars at the shop...     :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Some cars did come with this spring....currently Im running my set up without it with no adverse effects....

Heres some pics with the spring attached.  Kinda hard to see the first one but it looks like its just laying on the bracket?  The notch in the brake pedal rod seems like it would be the natural location for it though :scratchchin:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Paul 500

Heres my one on my 68 (if anyone has a spare i need one for my 69 )
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

wldside

Thanks for the replies and pics guys.  Solves my question.

Thanks,
Dave