News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WANTED:factory v-21 hood graphic measurements

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 26, 2005, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

what are the exact measurements of the v-21 hood paint on the 69 charger?-MATT

Doc74

I was sure I had them but that happens a lot...sorry.
Maybe this helps a bit, swiped from Lee's site http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/8343/hoodpics.htm

JimShine

Just 6T9 CHGR

Lee was supposed to make me cardboard templates but he never got around to it because I was going to add this to my car.....never got around to it and I kinda chickened out for the time being.

Heres the 69 V21 factory bulliten.   EDIT---Jim beat me to it!!   Thanks Jim :thumbs:
Also in the registry I have 4 V21 cars registered.

3 of them are V2 Hemi orange R/T's with black tops & black stripes

1 of them is a base model Charger 383 2bbl that is V2 Hemi orange with no vinyl top

Earliest built is May 1st 1969 in the registry.

Below are some pics or original unrestored examples.
The first pic is one of the V2 R/T's   (Car was sold on ebay about 3 years ago for a song (about $6,500...its exactly optioned as mine looks now except the for the V21 option...V2 orange, black top,stripe,interior,M25 wide rocker moldings, V21)

The second pic is a B5 blue Hemi car that I dont have info for but is located in CA.
Notice how in both pics the V21 just fades/rusts away?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

Do any of them have tan interior? I was looking at one a couple of years ago that was a major project car. It was a hemi orange R/T (and I thought it was an SE as well) with tan interior, black top and V21 treatment. The drivetrain was gone, but the rest was rather complete.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope....all have black interior.

Heres another pic of the V2 hood...this badboy was optioned with hoodpins as well.....out of the 550 or so Chargers registered so far, this is the ONLY one originally optioned with hoodpins. (code J45)

Kicking myself for not picking it up
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Vainglory, Esq.

Hemi Orange seems like a very popular color for V21. ???

LeesRT

Chris,  sorry I never got those tracings to you. I got real busy and totally forgot about it.  If you are still interested in them, I will be able to get to my car in about 3 weeks and I can do it then.  My car has been burried with stuff piled on it since we've been building a 20x32 shop for the Charger.  The shop is just about complete and when I move the car in there, I will be able to get a good tracing of the V21 shape for you.  E-mail me if you are still interested so I know where to mail them to.  Again, sorry for not getting them to you earlier.

LeesRT

PS.  I know of two F6 Green V21 1969 Charger R/Ts.  Mine being one of them.

LeesRT

Chris,  I finally was able to register at the 1969 Charger Registry.  It wouldn't allow me before.  I will probably show as the earliest of your V21 cars now.  March 1969.

LeesRT

Try this one more time.

694spdRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 26, 2005, 03:12:43 PM

Heres another pic of the V2 hood...this badboy was optioned with hoodpins as well.....out of the 550 or so Chargers registered so far, this is the ONLY one originally optioned with hoodpins. (code J45)

Chris

Is that the one that went for $6500 3 years ago? I remember it being on Ebay at one time.   If it is....:brickwall:

As far as Hemi orange and V21 being popular our '70 500 383 4 speed has that combo as well.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: LeesRT on October 27, 2005, 10:27:50 AM
Chris, I finally was able to register at the 1969 Charger Registry. It wouldn't allow me before. I will probably show as the earliest of your V21 cars now. March 1969.

I got it Lee!  Do you have the fender tag for the car though?   Yes March is the earliest so far......March what?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 694spdRT on October 27, 2005, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 26, 2005, 03:12:43 PM

Chris

Is that the one that went for $6500 3 years ago? I remember it being on Ebay at one time.  If it is....:brickwall:

As far as Hemi orange and V21 being popular our '70 500 383 4 speed has that combo as well.

Yep thats the one.......someone got real lucky with that one!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

LeesRT

Chris,  Yes, I have the data plate on the fender.  I'll have to get the info to you when I clear the hood off.  The build date for my car is March 11, 1969.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks Lee, please email me when you get the codes.  If you have the info on the other F6 car let me know s well.

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T