News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEY CANADIAN GUYS!!!

Started by generalfan01, October 26, 2005, 04:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalfan01

hey everyone, im thinkin of gettin a 68 to 69 conversion charger, i found it up in canada, and i live in massachusetts, so it proves to be a problem, anyone know how hard it is to transport it over the border to the u.s.? has anyone ever done this, do you need a passport to get across, or has that law changed yet? i heard after december 31 you need one to get out of canada but you dont need one to get in, thanks guys

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

I have never brought a car over the border other than the one I was driving.

As far as personally getting across the border, I always use my passport just because it makes things easier.  You can use a birth cetificate and a photo ID (drivers license).  As far as what laws are changing - you got me there.

Check out the links in the other thread, there is most likely some useful information.

Simply contact US Customs and tell them what you would like to do.  They will not steer you wrong.

One word of advice - do not lie about the value of the car (what you paid).  A co-worker bought a '70 Challenger T/A in MI earlier this year, lied about what he paid, they found out and he was hit with a $12,500.00 CDN fine.  That was Canada Customs, with our "easy go lucky" laws up here.  I can just imagine what US Customs would do.

Shakey

THE CHARGER PUNK

where in canada is it im goin into the interior this weekend and could chck it out if its by me if u dont lie to customs and be totally honest u can get ur car threw eezy peezy-MATT