News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Always carry a camera in your car.

Started by TheGhost, October 26, 2005, 07:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

I seen a beautiful black or really dark blue 68 Charger today, across from me at a stoplight.  I was surprised as hell.  I gave him a big thumbs up, and turned around to follow as soon as I could, so I could get a closer look at the car, and maybe talk to the driver, but, by the time I was able to turn around, he was long gone. :(  And, of course, the ONE day I don't bring my camera with me.... ::)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

bull

Carrying a camera is a sure-fire way to never see anything worth taking a picture of.

ChargerBill

I have actually taken pictures of 2 Chargers I've seen on the road...

As far as carrying a camera...I never leave home without it. Of course, that IS part of my job, but I am also a picture taking fool by nature. Since I have owned my Canon 10D I have taken a little over 16,000 pictures in 2 years. I have taken somewhere around 25,000 pictures total in the last 10 years or so.
Life is a highway...

TruckDriver

I gotta remeber to do that too. There's a nice '69 Charger for sale near here that has been for sale most of the summer now. All black, no viynl top either, trim ring type Magnum wheels, saddle interiour too. I dont see any rust either. But, everytime I have time to go look closer at it, the guy doesnt have it out side :eyes:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghost on October 26, 2005, 07:48:43 PM
And, of course, the ONE day I don't bring my camera with me.... ::)

I almost thought you were going to say there was an accident & needed photos. That's a good reason I am going to get a few disposable cameras to keep in the glove box. In case some nimrod drives into me I can get some pics.

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 26, 2005, 08:18:28 PM
I have taken somewhere around 25,000 pictures total in the last 10 years or so.

And you didn't post them?  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChargerBill

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 26, 2005, 09:20:32 PM
And you didn't post them?   ::)

Actually, on the old board I posted quite a few. I remember my SEMA 2004 thread "Hot Rods, Babes, etc..." post was in the top 10 viewed. I should repost some links, but I'd hate to create too much traffic for Troy.
Life is a highway...

Charger_Croatia

I have Olympus in which batteries needs to be replaced (not selfcharged).
And usually when I need ti f****ng batteries are dead.   :icon_smile_angry:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

4402tuff4u

I saw this 1969 Charger across the street from the body shop my car is being done at in Deerpark, NY. Was wondering if a member here owned it. Pretty clean 69. Looks like it was hit on passanger rear 1/4 panel. A non R/T car. Could'nt tell what power it had. It was a auto on the floor. No one around to ask about it.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

Another two...
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

I need to get a couple of disposables to keep in my car.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

SeattleCharger

No doubt, seems like a lot of times I need a good shot, it is when I happen to forget my dig. camera.  I usually carry a disposable in the trunk, which I used those for years, but dig. cameras are so great, seems like one of out five shots is a keeper anyways on the development fees of reg. film, the dig. needs no film and just delete ones you don't want, images are way better, and already in computer to work with, just lots of batteries.  There were a couple chargers I saw in the last months that I wish I would have gotten a picture of. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ponch ®

I seen a beautiful black or really dark blue 68 Charger today, across from me at a stoplight.   I was surprised as hell.   I gave him a big thumbs up, and turned around to follow as soon as I could, so I could get a closer look at the car, and maybe talk to the driver, but, by the time I was able to turn around, he was long gone. :(   And, of course, the ONE day I don't bring my camera with me.... ::)

that's a shame, considering most of us don't know what a 68 Charger looks like... ::)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

There's plenty of times I find myself needing a camera too...I don't know why I don't carry it with me. :shruggy:

Like Charger_Croatia, mine's also the type that needs AA batteries...those things go dead real fast. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Yours must be bigger than mine, I didn't end up with the same conclusion. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Quote from: Ponch on October 27, 2005, 01:28:54 PM
I seen a beautiful black or really dark blue 68 Charger today, across from me at a stoplight.  I was surprised as hell.  I gave him a big thumbs up, and turned around to follow as soon as I could, so I could get a closer look at the car, and maybe talk to the driver, but, by the time I was able to turn around, he was long gone. :(  And, of course, the ONE day I don't bring my camera with me.... ::)

that's a shame, considering most of us don't know what a 68 Charger looks like... ::)

However, most of you DO like to look at them, and since I love to take pics of these cars.....   :rotz:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.