News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Ok, here are the pics, 3300 lbs, what is stock weight with 440?    First pic shows stance a little better of car,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

TylerCharger69

MorePwr

2 that I can remember, in 20 years of realy looking. not including car shows.

Ghoste

In 20 years you've only seen two out driving around?!  Where do you live?

adauto

Belive it or not last weeend we saw A 1st gen comin' up in the rear view mirror, a 2nd gen in a driveway, and a third gen next to a barn. And all on the same cruz! Even the wife thought that was unusuall!
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

bull

I saw a third gen at a auto repair shop about an hour ago.

Dave22443

I feel MorePwr's pain.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only Charger owner in the entire state.  I do know where there are a couple more in the area, but mine is the ONLY one ever seen on the road.  I've seen only one other '66 - '74 Charger "in the wild" in more than 5 years.

About two weeks ago while out driving my Charger, I happened to see a Li'l Red Express out and about.  We both went ga-ga over each others rides and gave each other the big  :2thumbs:

Around here, seeing any muscle mopar on the road is a treat, even though there is no shortage of classic rides.  Unfortunately, they're mostly Chebbies  :icon_smile_dead:

And they say Virginia is for lovers... ???

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

myk

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 01, 2006, 05:57:44 PM
Well...I drive mine every day...... :icon_smile_big:

I REALLY wish people would stop following me around town, into parking lots, my house, trying to talk to me, cheer at me, race, or buy my car as I'm driving it. 

Actually, I dig the attention so nevermind... ;)
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Johnny SixPack

Yeah, I was out in the "69 about 2 weeks ago and got a flat. :icon_smile_blackeye:

While I was on the side of the road someone stopped and asked if I wanted to sell it. ::)

My standard answer is $50,000.00 for the "69.  :icon_smile_big:

That's the same answer the guy who followed me into the DQ a week ago got. :pity:

But it turned out he was a nice enough guy and in fact is mid-resto on a "70 R/T. :2thumbs:

Man, I can't wait till my "70 is back in the road. :yesnod:

I'll never forget the look on the face of the guy who followed into a McD's and asked me how much for my "70. :icon_smile_approve:

My answer... $1,000,000.00. :D

Love doin' that with a straight face.  :devil:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Charger1973

Was out working on my 73 just yesterday in the driveway and looked up to see a 73 or 74 SE driving by  on the highway.  It was blue with a white top (vinyl removed but still had the louvers) and white interior.  Had never seen it before, wondered if it was maybe a board member?  I know the driver couldnt see me or my car since theres so many other cars around it at the moment, but I definately saw him go by. Im in central Iowa by the way.

MorePwr

Ghoste

I thought there was a little hotbed of old Mopars up there in the Pacific northwest?   That just doesn't seem right.
All you Seattle Charger owners start driving your cars more.  Now.

MorePwr

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2006, 03:41:59 AM
I thought there was a little hotbed of old Mopars up there in the Pacific northwest?   That just doesn't seem right.
I see a few at car shows, so I know they are here, so I agree, start driving em. I do see a fair share of nice Mopars just not any Chargers on the road...

48chebbie

i drive my black 73,almost everyday,and my wagon,but,here is one,not a charger,but bad enough,the owner says"i'm gonna rebuild it for my kid one day" that was about 5 years ago,and the car has sat there,in that spot,for over 15 years. i see this car when i drive by,at least once a week. 440/auto,buckets-buddy seat,column shift,pwr windows,p/s,p/b,discs,nice shape too,but NOT for sale,period. absolute shame................
how'd i do that!?!?!?

bull

Quote from: MorePwr on September 11, 2006, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2006, 03:41:59 AM
I see a few at car shows, so I know they are here, so I agree, start driving em. I do see a fair share of nice Mopars just not any Chargers on the road...

Where'd you hear that, Ghoste? The Great NW is a friggin' "No Classic Mopar Zone" as far as I can tell. There's enough classic Chevys and Fords to reach the moon bumper to bumper but Mopar stuff up here is very hard to come by.

greenpigs

I saw a black 70 last summer and a few other since then but they were on the way to the local shows. The 70 was just out driving around on a weekday, it may have been someone from the base. Wright Patterson AFB.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Hey Bull, bumper to bumper brand X cars are like that right across the continent.  It just seemed to me that there are a fair number of Charger owners on this site and the 66-67 site from that corner of the US.

Slowpoke

Saw a mostly black primered 70 on the west side of Indy last night. Looked nice
with some big rear tires on it. Always fun t see em on the road  :icon_smile_approve:
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

MorePwr

Quote from: Troy on September 11, 2006, 03:36:28 PM
Quote from: MorePwr on September 11, 2006, 01:03:54 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 08, 2006, 03:27:17 PM
In 20 years you've only seen two out driving around?!  Where do you live?

Seattle
We just had a Charger Meet in Seattle. :P

Troy

When is the next one? I'd like to attend.

Aaron

Magnumcharger

I saw this one... ;)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Brock Samson

funny the v. top is in good shape and the scallops are highlighted in black, sho is tow up tho...  :icon_smile_sad:

terrible one

WOW! Look at that drivers side front quarter!

Gotta love that though. I know I'll be running around town in my beater of a Charger soon!

Sweet T

That's pretty rough for an Alberta car(as the plate says).  Good to see any Charger running, no matter what shape it's in.  Talking about shape, I'm not impressed with the B.S. repairs I've been finding on mine since I started dismantling it.  The drivetrain is out and most of the front end.  Just working one last fender bolt.  Pictures soon.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!