News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory

I was at Target yesterday afternoon when i spotted this '70. It was right after the Big 3 show at The Q too, where there was a nice '70 there as well.

Finn

My dad sent me this one cruising west on the 126. Anyone know it? Its new to me. Check out the size of the antenna on the back.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

terrible one

Quote from: Finn on March 07, 2012, 01:57:00 PM
My dad sent me this one cruising west on the 126. Anyone know it? Its new to me. Check out the size of the antenna on the back.

Great pics! Love that look

bull

If this same thread had been started at the same time about Mustangs on a Mustang forum it would probably be 200+ pages long. That's how many more of those there are I bet.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

looks like dad does the same as me when using the phone camera with the finger. thats one heck of a whip antena.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

had to run through town today and during a shortcut seen this in a driveway. met Aaron and got to check out his 68 charger 440 block and old school slots with the mickey thompson 50's on back.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

grdprx

Quote from: grdprx on February 10, 2011, 02:50:40 PM
I saw a 69 Charger Tuesday enjoying the Sun in the NW.  Was a beautiful day for a drive, he was getting on the freeway as I exited.   No chance for a picture, but it was White, looked nice and had a nice rumble to it!  Tail panel was white, so I don't think it was an RT.  Also had black pin striping around the indents in the door, looked cool.   :2thumbs:

I think I just met the guy that own es this 69 Friday.  I went to get a flex plate off someone on craigslist, he had a 69 Charger in his garage when I pulled up!!!  "SWEET!"   :o
It had gold accent colors though, but it was awesome.  We talked for awhile and he told me to bring mine up once I get her on the road.       :2thumbs:

bull

Uh-oh. Yesterday I saw a General Lee near my house and then today my buddy sent me this picture of a local GL. No other info yet but I'm thinking it's probably the same car and I'm pretty sure I know who it is. :'(

grdprx

Vainglory, Esq.

That just makes me nervous. Maybe I need better insurance.

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on May 06, 2012, 11:13:21 PM
Uh-oh. Yesterday I saw a General Lee near my house and then today my buddy sent me this picture of a local GL. No other info yet but I'm thinking it's probably the same car and I'm pretty sure I know who it is. :'(

look how thick the bondo and paint are on the quarter panel
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on May 07, 2012, 10:06:49 AM
Quote from: bull on May 06, 2012, 11:13:21 PM

look how thick the bondo and paint are on the quarter panel

Well, at least the metal is clean. :icon_smile_big: So word has it the guy got rear-ended by a teenie-bopper girl while sitting at a stop light. $10 says she was texting.

404NOTFOUND

I spotted this General Lee at the beach yesterday and I parked beside it. Anyone notice something unusual about that GL?
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

404NOTFOUND

My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

bull

Another pic of the GL clone and a quote from the owner on craislist: "68-70 charger Needed !!!!!! This weekend My beloved charger was rerended and totalled by 21 old girl texting I need a Body to rebuild it ............Seroius Buyer 503-314-2443 call text any time Thanks."

Yea, text anytime... except while driving.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/3000569975.html

CB

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on May 07, 2012, 08:30:05 PM
I spotted this General Lee at the beach yesterday and I parked beside it. Anyone notice something unusual about that GL?

Maybe it's Skips' Jenny Lee?  :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

elanmars

Quote from: bull on May 12, 2012, 02:24:46 PM
Another pic of the GL clone and a quote from the owner on craislist: "68-70 charger Needed !!!!!! This weekend My beloved charger was rerended and totalled by 21 old girl texting I need a Body to rebuild it ............Seroius Buyer 503-314-2443 call text any time Thanks."

Though I feel for the owner 'cause that really really sucks and I know what it's like...I KNOW totalled...so far maybe these pictures make the car look not that bad and fixable, maybe other photos at other angles show it's in worse shape than it seems by those two photos so far...

and by no means am I trying to one-up that guy or anything, please don't take it that way everyone, if I sound that way!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

Quote from: elanmars on May 12, 2012, 09:16:17 PM

Though I feel for the owner 'cause that really really sucks and I know what it's like...I KNOW totalled...so far maybe these pictures make the car look not that bad and fixable, maybe other photos at other angles show it's in worse shape than it seems by those two photos so far...

and by no means am I trying to one-up that guy or anything, please don't take it that way everyone, if I sound that way!

I agree with you. Looks like an AMD poster child but not a total. This guy does some flipping so I wonder if he's playing that card to get some hits on another acquisition.

jaak

Thats what I was thinking when I first saw the pic. Looks like it could be straighten on a frame rack and the parts that need replacing are available aftermarket now. Maybe he didn't have good insurance  :shruggy:. I have often wondered too with classic insurance, say you totalled your car, could you take a little less of the agreed value and keep your wrecked car for the engine and other parts? I know you can do that with regular car insurance, I got a friend that had an old beater he drove around, someone backed into it and the insurance company totalled it. They were gonna pay him 1800 for it but he wanted to keep it, so they paid him 1400 and he got to keep the car.

Jason

elanmars

Quote from: jaak on May 13, 2012, 09:37:59 AM

Thats what I was thinking when I first saw the pic. Looks like it could be straighten on a frame rack and the parts that need replacing are available aftermarket now. Maybe he didn't have good insurance  :shruggy:. I have often wondered too with classic insurance, say you totalled your car, could you take a little less of the agreed value and keep your wrecked car for the engine and other parts? I know you can do that with regular car insurance, I got a friend that had an old beater he drove around, someone backed into it and the insurance company totalled it. They were gonna pay him 1800 for it but he wanted to keep it, so they paid him 1400 and he got to keep the car.

Jason

yup, I kept my '69 wreck. they took out $500, which was totally a-ok with me because as bad as my wreck looks, there's enough parts in there that make it worth WAY more than $500 (such as the engine, trans, rear end, which is all fixable and without major damage, minor things here and there like pieces of trim, interior parts, etc).

the car MAY also be shown at carlisle and the nats if it all goes right, my friend's dad really wants to have the car shown and have me there to tell my story. Hopefully it happens, as I've never had a chance to go to either and I'd love to, he's very "in", so to speak, in the mopar world, so there's a good chance...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

RIDELIKEHELL

we saw this 70 when  leaving Windsor Ontario today
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

I saw a nice 3rd gen go by our place yesterday but couldn't get me camera quick enough. Also while I was out on Friday driving into Forest Ontario on a back road I noticed a 3rd gen sitting in an open garage. I didn't have time to stop in and check it out but they had a sign our front with "Eggs for sale" . I figure this is a perfect chance next time I'm on that road to stop in :2thumbs:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73