News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Quote from: Ghoste on August 04, 2012, 08:04:01 AM
I think it would look great on your car. :Twocents:

Is that how they really are?
Doesnt quite look right to me.
Gotta love a '69

Ghoste

You're talking about the blackout from the hood scallops back to the windshield?  Yes.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Ghoste

Personally I love it and I think it'd look great on your car because of the color.  There are some I wouldn't put it on but I like it against the bright colors.

doctor4766

Where does the black stop?
Does it go into the plenum area where the grilles are?
I know I could do it in black vinyl to see if I liked it.
It's always removable.
Gotta love a '69

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 04, 2012, 08:02:45 AM
Thanks for the pic.
I could sorta see something was happening up front on the first pic you posted.
Had wondered whether hood blackouts would suit my Charger.
Not sure if I actually like it now I've seen it though.

isnt that a chevelle thing?

Ghoste

Was available on 69 and 70 Chargers.  V21 on the 69's and very rare.

J.Bond

V21 was what the owner refered to it as. How come no 440 call outs ?

4404spdcharger

I have a 68 Charger R/T 440 4-speed and have gotten use to going to shows of 500+ cars and seeing less than 20 Mopars or an evening show and shine and being the only Mopar.  No problem, I love my Charger and others seem to enjoy it even tho they drive other makes.  I moved 300 miles to a different part of the state and still the same scenario. That's cool.  One day the UPS driver sees my garage door open and hits the brakes and runs up my driveway.  He breathlessly says he's seen me driving around but never knew which house I owned.  He said there's a Mopar guy across the County Rd with a barn full of hemis!!!.  Wait, did he say hemis??  A barn full?  I find out the guy's name and cold call him and introduce myself as a Mopar neighbor and he and his wife are real excited about getting together.  Very cool.
Turns out they're a great couple who have become good friends.  Oh, and about their stash of cars.  A trio of hemi cars, a nice Dart conv, and a super clean Superbird.  I'm in heaven.
Previous Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

Ghoste

Quote from: J.Bond on August 04, 2012, 09:06:16 AM
V21 was what the owner refered to it as. How come no 440 call outs ?

That didn't start until the 1970 models.

bull

Quote from: 4404spdcharger on August 04, 2012, 09:45:23 AM
Oh, and about their stash of cars.  A trio of hemi cars, a nice Dart conv, and a super clean Superbird.  I'm in heaven.

I guess the UPS guy didn't mention how small the barn was.

grdprx

Just saw a white 70 Charger in Kent!  I'm not quick enough with my camera phone..   :shruggy:  Dang it!

6pkrtse

I know of a few 68's but can't land any of them.
1) I know where a red 68 Charger sits. Extremely solid & all there. He would sell it for alot of money, but I just don't have the money he wants for it.
2) Also know of a orange 68 that sits way in the back of someone's back yard. The people that live there are only renting & say they were told it belongs to the owners family memeber & don't know if it is for sale. They are supposed to ask the owner of the house for me next time they talk to them.
3) I also know of a gold 68 Charger in the back of a company/storage lot. It has been there for at least 20 years that I know of. I used to drive a semi for a company & the only way to see it was from the cab of the semi because it sits up so high. There is no name on the building, no address or anything. I have tried everything from calling the city to leaving notes in the mailbox inquiring about the Charger with no luck so far.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

grdprx

I just saw a black 68, looked possibly like a Bullit clone!  Sweet.  :drool5:  :drool5:

grdprx

Saw a "naked" Charger yesterday!    :rofl:   :smilielol:

Fred

If anything still looks good naked at that age...............it's a Charger.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

Quote from: Fred on September 26, 2012, 12:43:54 AM
If anything still looks good naked at that age...............it's a Charger.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
:lol: :lol: :cheers:  Ain't that the truth.

grdprx

Quote from: Ghoste on September 26, 2012, 05:29:19 AM
Quote from: Fred on September 26, 2012, 12:43:54 AM
:lol: :lol: :cheers:  Ain't that the truth.

And it's a sexy 68, no less!!   :coolgleamA:

sixty8charger

that should be about the same image I post come January I am hoping!  except a glossy black!
Jayson

Charger_Dart

My Brother sent me a couple pics he took today at lunch in the Denver area -

68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

6pkrtse

Quote from: Charger_Dart on September 28, 2012, 01:51:21 PM
My Brother sent me a couple pics he took today at lunch in the Denver area -

Dang, I want it. Look at that patina. I would say original paint. LOL
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

freddyd02

bull

I didn't have a camera but I saw a 69 Charger on the freeway in Portland the other day. Pretty sure it was the same guy who got pasted while driving his General Lee last summer.

TheGhost

Just now saw a 73-74 on a trailer heading east on I80, by Gothenburg, NE.  Tried to snap a picture with my phone, but wasn't fast enough.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nvrbdn

saw a 69 green road runner on top of a car hauler here in the midwest dont know which way it was heading when it left. looked like a fairly solid project. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House