News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

sorry, but no camera to get pic's. the local arby's had a small cruise tonight. 15 cars there,  1 was a white 69 R/T charger, and 1 was a red 71 charger.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

Apparently a guy found this stash while hunting coyote in Northeast Missouri.

grdprx

Wow!  Those have been left out to pasture for awhile.  Wonder how far the frame rails are sunk.

ACUDANUT

It's time to get in touch with this guy and save a few.  :yesnod:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: bull on September 09, 2013, 09:27:24 PM
Apparently a guy found this stash while hunting coyote in Northeast Missouri.

That picture reminds me of a guy I went to see when I was 18 or 19 (1993 or 1994) and wanted a '69 Charger bad. The owner of a local garage / gas station pointed me in his direction, and he only lived about 10 miles away. When I got there he took me around to his backyard and there were at least 20 second-generation Chargers sitting back there (and no other types of cars), all of them parts cars. In addition he had one parked under shelter which was in excellent condition, inside and out: a green '68 with a black vinyl top, stock 14" road wheels and trim rings (Magnum 500 style), 318 automatic with column shifter. That place was quite the Wonderland for me, especially since it was the first time I'd ever gotten a chance to take a real close look at a second-generation Charger (I'd been a fan of them since I was 4 years old, due to The Dukes of Hazzard).

I contacted him when I started working on my '69 in 2011, but he had long since sold them all (the town was hassling him about having what they considered to be a junkyard without a licence, even though it couldn't be seen at all from the road nor from any neighboring properties; could only be seen from the air; plus he needed the money), including his beloved green '68 (which he sorely regrets to this day).

greenpigs

Least he sold them, instead of them getting crushed. Stinks he sold the nice one, but got to eat.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bob T

Saw a ''new - to me at least" Plum 70 R/T at a parkup show last Sunday. U code 4 speed, black interior  :coolgleamA:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Brass

This morning I spotted a black 68 with white bumble bee stripes heading North on 19th Ave E., about to turn West on Aloha St.  I couldn't get a picture because I was driving the other way.  That is my neighborhood (Capitol Hill) in Seattle and I never saw it before.  Wondering if the owner is a member.

ralley72

Found this 69 sitting on the south side of KCMO. has rust in the quarters and looks like its sat for a while. No one was home to talk to.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

mauve66

was a nice R/T at BWW on Craig rd here a couple of weeks ago, was in a hurry so i didn't stop, wasn't a 68 but i don't know the back of a 69 or 70 enough to tell them apart
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ACUDANUT

6spd68

Saw a poorly painted pinkish/purplesh 68 (Looked like shiney womans nail polish) driving around the other day.  Looked decent, but was missing a few things in regards to trim and emblems. 

I hope mine turns out better.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ACUDANUT

6spd68, well remember one thing, his runs and drives. That counts for something these days.
There are so many of us that have non-running mopars, that have yet to move under their own power.

6spd68

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 18, 2013, 11:19:44 AM
6spd68, well remember one thing, his runs and drives. That counts for something these days.
There are so many of us that have non-running mopars, that have yet to move under their own power.

This is true, he is one up on me.  I'm just being overly critical, probably more so based on the fact that mine is still in progress.  Indeed, my prior post was in poor taste.
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

ACUDANUT

"Finished in triple black.  ETA: Spring 2015" ....Better get moving.  :cheers:

6spd68

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 18, 2013, 01:48:58 PM
"Finished in triple black.  ETA: Spring 2015" ....Better get moving.  :cheers:

Fortunately it's being worked on in a shop where my buddy will not just let it sit there in the corner forever.  Body should be fully painted and set up come this spring.  Already have the complete driveline (Have the 5.7, will start building the stroker engine come spring as well).  Will have to figure out the interior situation and what direction I go.

I haven't posted a progress thread or anything as I'm sure enough rotisserie shell restoration threads exist already.  I may do one later on for the 5.7HEMI/6SPD install, as that's not as common here.  Trust me, the car looks a lot different then it did that day back in June when I picked it up. (Avatar)

That being said, Spring 2015 is a realistic date.  Always have to leave buffer room though. 
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ralley72

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 18, 2013, 10:15:40 AM
Mike, I hope you left a note.  :yesnod:
No, its just a 69. ::) Now if it was a 71, I would pitch a tent and wait until someone got home. :2thumbs:

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

jaak

About 2 weeks ago I noticed this sitting in front of a house about 5 miles from where I live. Got caught behind a school bus the other day on my way to work, so I grabbed my cam and took a pic....

Jason

Bob T

Saw the red 440 6pk Gen I again locally yesterday, still havent been able to talk to the guy
Also saw a blue Marlin on the motorway heading out west , definetly a blue whale of a car
:icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

VegasCharger

71 or 72 (couldn't see the side marker lights from the distance I took the pics)
Up on blocks in Las Vegas, NV

1974dodgecharger

For some odd reason I like looking at cars from the southwest just sitting in the desert kinda waiting to be fixed up like a barn find in the country.

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 04, 2013, 04:55:29 AM
71 or 72 (couldn't see the side marker lights from the distance I took the pics)
Up on blocks in Las Vegas, NV

b5blue

What the heck is that to the left of the Charger?   :scratchchin:

bull

Quote from: b5blue on October 04, 2013, 04:01:59 PM
What the heck is that to the left of the Charger?   :scratchchin:

Looks like a botched "Corvette Summer" project.