News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

The lights in the front valence do not fit the same in the 2 blue Charger pictures either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6pktgo

To me it`s the parking lights difference?? Top one looks good & normal, bottom not so much.  :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Parking lights ?  I never seen that option.  Do you use those to park ?

twenty mike mike

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 14, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

It's not an option; it's standard equipment. Check your dash bezel next to the light switch. It should say OFF, PARK and ON. Most cars nowadays have the turn signals in the same housings as the parking lights. Yes, back in the bad old days, people used those for parking on narrow, dark streets to avoid being hit. They are not for parking while sitting in the back seat with your honey.   :smilielol: While the practice is long gone in the U.S., the name remains. Up until the advent of sealed beam bulbs, a lot of cars had a CITY position, too, which pretty much just allowed other people to see the car's headlights, rather than providing the driver with any light ahead. That was for brightly lit city streets. Not a great idea.

In Europe, parking lights are turned on by using the turn signal lever, so they only light on one side, for use depending on which side of the street the car is parked.

As long as we are on the subject of old fashioned terms for cars, here's a quiz: Where are wing windows and why are they called that? Hint: They don't make the car fly.

Ghoste

Forward edge of an window opening.  Sort of hanging out there in the breeze and adjustable to keep that breeze out of the interior, a precursor to the vent window.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Ghoste on February 15, 2014, 06:54:49 PM
Forward edge of an window opening.  Sort of hanging out there in the breeze and adjustable to keep that breeze out of the interior, a precursor to the vent window.

But why the name?

bull

Another difference is the damage to the passenger side fender on the first car. :rotz:

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 29, 2013, 07:42:15 AM
I don't know if this counts as "in the wild", but I stumbled across this worthy 1967 Charger in a scrapyard in Ontario back in October. This kind of thing is completely unheard of these days, especially in the eastern rust belt. The only thing I could tell from looking was that is was from South Dakota, and somebody had started to disassemble it for a restoration, then it was junked. Perhaps the owner died? All the nuts and bolts were in ziplock bags, complete with tags noting their locations.

Safe it!! Would be good for parts!! They are so RARE!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

ACUDANUT

I was not being serious. I thought were called running lights.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

twenty mike mike

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 16, 2014, 11:48:18 AM

I was not being serious. I thought were called running lights.  :shruggy:

Yeah, some people call them that.  ;)

69white hat

Before I bought my charger I had never seen one ever except at a few car shows. I live in northern Alberta. Then I buy mine and I'm pulling into the local car wash and theres buddy wiping down his red '67. My first one I ever saw and it's two blocks from where I used to live. Smiling as I pull into the back of the car wash I just happen to look to the right and sitting in the back lot of the building next door is another '67, although this one was rust and had no wheels. Still couldn't believe it. Almost fainted.

JB400

It's kinda funny how you don't see any of a particular vehicle until you have one. :lol:  I noticed that too when it came to driving my truck, and now my daily.  Hope it works for the Charger

grdprx

Spotted this on my way in to work this morning.  Sweet looking ride!!!   :drool5:  :drool5:  :drool5:

Ghoste

ACUDANUT

IMHO, if you are set on putting a scoop on a Charger, at least use a mopar one. i.e.  6 pack scoop.

RIDELIKEHELL

Ran into this fella Sunday and his beautiful charger. It has a 440 indy with INDY heads .... and it's running a 4.56 gear... he said its a real mover.... sorry for the cut off picture I couldn't see with my display on my phone

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Ghoste

That's pretty too!  Nice to see folks giving the fastbacks a warming over like that.

RIDELIKEHELL

He got the car outta Cali and has an extra dash,gauges & lots of the trim & mouldings. In the process of getting everything put back on it as he bought it in pieces with fresh paint from a guy that worked for Chrysler tha was in his 80's. Sounded real healthy. You can see my slouch in the back ground
AMD POSTER BOY

squeakfinder

Slouch? You can't say that about a 68  :icon_smile_big:  That air cleaner has me confused. It looks like it's about an inch thick.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: squeakfinder on May 15, 2014, 05:46:49 PM

Slouch? You can't say that about a 68  :icon_smile_big:  That air cleaner has me confused. It looks like it's about an inch thick.

it's not the right one..he told me that..sorry
AMD POSTER BOY

ODZKing

jaak

No pics, but I saw a  Red '68 today just a few miles from my house. It looked almost identical to Bill Mann's 68.

Jason

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY