News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

Quote from: squeakfinder on May 15, 2014, 05:46:49 PM

Slouch? You can't say that about a 68  :icon_smile_big:  That air cleaner has me confused. It looks like it's about an inch thick.

I also wondered about the air cleaner. Never seen anything like it.

Great lookin Charger.

VegasCharger

Ghoste

And an RT badge that looks out of place but still a cool car.

ACUDANUT

I don't think there is an air filter.  He must of took it off for pic's.  :Twocents:

JesseJames78

I was at a carshow in Spokane and found 2 chargers! A 69 (gen.lee) and a 70. The cool thing is the 69 (gen.lee) and my car are only 7 cars appart (between) on the vin! Built in the same plant on the same day! (mine is the blue one)

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 16, 2014, 01:50:26 PM
I don't think there is an air filter.  He must of took it off for pic's.  :Twocents:

In the 10 minutes I spoke with him I remeber him saying he had the proper Air cleaner but like most of the car it's on the list of things to install
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Homerr

In south Seattle at the Harbor Freight Tools this morning and saw a '70 cruise past, B5 with white top and white tail stripe.  DC member car?

Plum Crazy 68

Saw this 74' for sale in my neighborhood today. :2thumbs:

Plum Crazy 68

Sign in the window said 74'  I'm not a third gen guy so those details allude me.

ACUDANUT

They are identical  (73-74's). I was just playing.  :cheers:

Ghoste

Baldwinvette77

Is that a 67 corvette scoop? O.o .. actually looks kinda neat on there  :popcrn:

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: JesseJames78 on May 20, 2014, 01:41:53 PM
The cool thing is the 69 (gen.lee) and my car are only 7 cars appart (between) on the vin! Built in the same plant on the same day! (mine is the blue one)

fraternal twins - That's wicked.

UH60L

Last Saturday at the car show at the Evergreen Aviation Museum I had a beutiful '70 charger parked 3 cars behind me.  Talked to the owners, really nice people from Washington.  I believe the name they used on their sign was "black magic".

grdprx

Saw this 1st Gen on the way to the grocery store this morning, slick looking!   :drool5:

MoParJW

'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

grdprx

ACUDANUT

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

freddyd02

VegasCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on May 26, 2014, 02:02:48 PM
Isn't there a difference in the bumper guards?

Yes, 74's have more rubber on them that protrudes outward.
Also there were some that were entirely all rubber with no chrome, probably on the low end models.

:cheers: :cheers:

ODZKing

Actually it is difficult to tell a 73 from 74 at a glance. I always thought the 73 had the chrome with pad bumper guard and the 74 was solid.
Turns out it was an option (Chrome/pad = Deluxe), must be few were ordered that way in 74 since I see many more with just the rubber pad.
2 differences actually are the steering wheel and seat belts.  74 seat belt and shoulder harness were one, 73 you could still separate them.
Other that the mounting brackets they are essentially the same. Goaw only knows why they're different.

1BAD68

This Charger drove to work everyday last winter. This pic is from back in February

Bob

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 26, 2014, 01:41:13 PM
They are identical  (73-74's). I was just playing.  :cheers:
1974 Charger hoods have no slits to the rear, 73 does. It's a quick way to tell unless they are running a fiberglass hood.