News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barfyspitz

I don't drive mine often but when I have its shocking (the people's reaction to it!) I swear from girls stopping dead in their tracks on the sidewalk watching go by, to kids screaming and waving....Or the time a grown man threw his car in park and jumped out in the middle of a busy intersection and flagged me down LOL no joke.

triple_green

So this guy flagged me down when I was out Sat morning running errands. His name is Jerry and has been around the south Seattle area and owned his Charger for a long time. I see him at the Friday night Walmart show quite often.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Lennard

grdprx

Must be Jerry that I saw last week in Maple Valley!

triple_green

Yes def him.

Interesting car- originally blue numbers matching 440 auto car. Now red with the custom black thin butt stripe and the reverse 70 style hood treatment. Has a white interiorwith some 70s style upgrades under the hood. He has owned the car for a long time and says he does not have the money to fix it up to show condition, but drives the care everywhere and has a good time. :2thumbs:
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

grdprx

Traffic at the track today, prepping for parade laps....  Is that the General??
Good times..   :coolgleamA:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: triple_green on June 27, 2015, 05:24:38 PM
Yes def him.

Interesting car- originally blue 383 car. Now red with the custom black thin butt stripe and the reverse 70 style hood treatment. Has a white interior and a 440 with some 70s style upgrades under the hood. He has owned the car for a long time and says he does not have the money to fix it up to show condition, but drives the care everywhere and has a good time. :2thumbs:

owning a 2nd gen charger is just plain stupid expensive!!!  I don't blame him....his car looks great as is though even missing a bumper  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

TruckDriver

Saw this 1974 S.E. Survivor today at the grocery store. 19,000+ on the odometer only.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

Best I could get the interiour
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

grdprx

I saw a 69 Charger on San Juan Island last Thursday.  Freaked my wife out yelling "That's a 69 Charger!"  I got smacked for startling her again over a Charger.
Funny story, same thing happened in Hawaii 6 years ago with a 68 Charger, when we were there for our 10 year anniversary.  We were in the San Juans for our 16th this year...  
I don't know how she puts up with me!  
Flipped a U-turn to get a pic.  It was brown with what looked like a light tan top, very nice Charger.

VegasCharger

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 14, 2015, 02:46:00 PM
Best I could get the interiour

Thanks for posting :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice car. Strange it has bench seats with a rallye cluster but NO A/C????

ACUDANUT

bull

Saw two Chargers a few days ago; a 69 General Lee and then a 68 about an hour later. I'm somewhat acquanted with the GL owner but I'd never seen the 68. It was really nice, sort of a lime green color. No pics though, we were rolling opposite directions.

Brads70

Quote from: Brads70 on August 13, 2013, 05:00:51 PM
I found this old soldier last summer does it count?  I try to help out the owner best I can but he still doesn't have it on the road yet.

Went back to see if it was still there as I was in the neighbourhood and to my surprise he had just painted it!  :2thumbs:

6spd68

Is the nose welded, or bondo over the lines?  I like that look, but will suck if he's ever in a front ender  :Twocents:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

BananaDan

Some pics the 70 crew took during an evening cruise near our hotel.

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

VegasCharger

Quote from: BananaDan on July 16, 2015, 04:25:12 PM
Some pics the 70 crew took during an evening cruise near our hotel.

Somehow I cannot see your pics :shruggy:

Ghoste

Me either.  Like the repaint on the other one above it though.

70 sublime

I can see the 70 Charger pictures fine
Also like the green Daytona
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Brads70

Quote from: 6spd68 on July 16, 2015, 04:13:31 PM
Is the nose welded, or bondo over the lines?  I like that look, but will suck if he's ever in a front ender  :Twocents:
Both I'd guess as it's home built.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Brads70 on July 17, 2015, 08:09:50 AM
Quote from: 6spd68 on July 16, 2015, 04:13:31 PM
Both I'd guess as it's home built.

Definitely home job.