News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Had a hard day at work today.  I was walking to my truck and looky what comes cruising along on a busy city street.  A sweet yellow 68 Charger R/T with black tail stripe.  All of a sudden the day wasn't so bad.  By the time I was able to grab my camera, he was gone.  :'(
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

Hey, Those ain't chargers..  :RantExplode:

Now this is a Charger!  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

:shruggy: well at least it's a twodoor hardtop...  :-\

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: TK73 on November 04, 2008, 11:46:52 PM
Quote from: Manfred318 on November 04, 2008, 08:00:30 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on November 04, 2008, 06:25:33 PM
Hey, Those ain't chargers..  :RantExplode:

Now this is a Charger!  :yesnod:
Cool :2thumbs: I like it :yesnod:

ME TOO!!   :2thumbs:

Me three. I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person. Or maybe I just didn't notice. :scratchchin:

Brock Samson

there's an "S" in those,.. perhaps you didn't notice that either Bull...  :slap:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

sunroofblacklee

This is a pretty hidden one. On an island off the coast of Maine. 1968 hemi charger :2thumbs:

Just kidding about the hemi thing but it is on an island off the coast of Maine :lol:
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

sunroofblacklee

I would but my brother would kill me.  He's got a 68 charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60 car and is trying to buy this one for a parts car.  I'll give you a hint, it's closer to you than it is me :lol:. There's a 69 charger se sunroof car down in southern Maine that I almost bought back in 96 and it still down in southern Maine somewhere in a boat yard, know of it?  I can no longer find the car. It's the fourth sunroof charger that I know of in Maine.

mikepmcs

Sorry, don't know a thing about the sunroof car, or any other SR car in Maine for that matter, so... you are way ahead of me.
As for the Island, I'm guessing downeast. Not looking for a car to buy, was just wondering. :2thumbs:

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: moparstuart on November 05, 2008, 03:08:46 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on November 05, 2008, 02:56:22 PM
care to share which island :scratchchin:
couldnt they slide it in that garage  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I know, makes me wonder what's in the garage. The charger is off the coast down by Portland. The kid that owns it left it at his grandfathers house and he lives on the main land. 

68charger383

70 Charger outside KROQ radio station today in Redlands, CA

I tried to get a pic. from a friends cell phone but it did not work...it was a purple 70 with a six pack scoop and had a 2000 hotrod tour sticker on the side window.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 05, 2008, 12:16:27 PM
there's an "S" in those,.. perhaps you didn't notice that either Bull...  :slap:

What are you talking about you crazy old fart? :D

1969chargerrtse

How about a Coronet in the wild?  This lady has been driving around in this car for 40 years now.  There's a pillow on the torn and worn seats and a big note taped to the dash that reads " PUT IN P BEFORE STARTING ".
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Marck

I live in Denmark, in what is actually the ninth biggest town, with about 60.000 people...
Here we have one of each 2nd gen, what are the odds.. There's my '68 soon to be a 511 stroker, a green '69 I'm told is a 383 auto car, and an orange '70 originally 383, but now has a hemi under the hood..
The '70 is actually owned by a childhood friend of mine, we were pretty surprised when we found out that we each had a Charger..  :2thumbs:

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 21, 2008, 04:05:36 PM
How about a Coronet in the wild?  This lady has been driving around in this car for 40 years now.  There's a pillow on the torn and worn seats and a big note taped to the dash that reads " PUT IN P BEFORE STARTING ".

That's cool

bull

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. :2thumbs:

You should get some buddies together and offer to redo her seats for her. I would imagine Legendary has everything you'd need to do it. Maybe we could all pitch in a little and pay to have it done. It probably wouldn't cost more than 300-400 bucks would it?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on November 21, 2008, 10:05:37 PM

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. :2thumbs:

You should get some buddies together and offer to redo her seats for her. I would imagine Legendary has everything you'd need to do it. Maybe we could all pitch in a little and pay to have it done. It probably wouldn't cost more than 300-400 bucks would it?
Great idea but I wonder how many people have money to give up in these times?  I've seen the rear of the car in her garage for years and I would knock on the door and leave a note.  I've never gotten a call and I'll bet she's hounded by people daily driving around in that 2dr classic.  Just around the corner from her is a 70 Chevelle SS that is rotting to the ground in a guys backyard, but I'll bet " he's gonna fixer up sometime soon "  ::)

Finn

Spotted a beat on 69, looks like a resoration has already been started though so thats a good thing!

The doors were inside, passenger one was smashed pretty good then bondo'd over. There was a third door in the trunk though.
New floors where in too.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

grdprx

Sent the Wif to McClendons Hardware this afternoon, she called me up and said I'm going to be mad I didn't go with her...

Boy, was she right!