News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Quote from: bull on April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM
I see dozens every year but only if I go to a couple car shows. Otherwise I rarely see them at all just out in public rolling down the street. The last time I saw a 2nd gen Charger it was a '68 turning at a stop sign about 1/2 mile from my house, and that was over two years ago. Since that time I've seen one third gen Charger and that was probably 10 months ago. I just never see them. Is it the area in which I live? Do some of you in other parts of the country or world see classic Chargers more frequently?

When i go shopping for one, and arrive at the dude's house, thats bout it.
"Well, I'll say this: climbing can kill you, but women can destroy you. There's a big difference, y'know."--Derek Hersey

Charger440RDN

This 1970 dodge Charger was located in Decatur, IL at an auto repair shop. It sat outside this shop for several years and rusted away, I tried to buy it several times, but the owner would not sell it.

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger440RDN

Here are some more pictures of the Charger in Decatur, IL, the owner paid his mechanic to shoot his wife in the head and now he's in jail for murder. the shop is closed down and the car is gone. The body was Ok but the floor and frame rails were rusty.

Charger440RDN

More pictures :D you have to excuse me, we don't see Chargers too often here in central Illinois so when i saw this charger I had to take these pictures, it's a shame how people will let a charger sit and rot away for years and not sell it to someone who will restore it. When I checked the frame rails they literally crumbled in my hands  :rotz:

grdprx

bearbqd

Wow, that DOES suck. Similar story happened with me. Two minutes from my house was a 69 Roadrunner up in this decrepid piece of property that had condemned houses along the gravel road. There was a ratty trailer sitting amongst them with dogs on chains every 50 feet, mean dogs. We first drove up in the dark when I went to show my friend the car and this hooded figure comes out of the trailer. Squater? Apparently not. He said his brother owned the car but wouldn't sell it. We couldn't get his brothers contact info but we gave him ours. Went back there several times with same story. One of the quarrys that's located right there owned all the properties. We heard that they were selling the land to a builder and we went to check on the Roadrunner. It was gone, the dude was gone, all the other more modern derelict vehicles that were amongst the houses were gone. Couldn't find out what happened to any of them. This was within the last year. Sucks.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Charger440RDN

They probably got siezed by the new land owners. The "AUTO SHOP" and I use that term loosely as you can see by the pictures, was owned by the same man that owned the charger. When he got arrested for murder last summer he had a duster, a yellow cuda, a few boats and an rv that were taken by the new owner of the property, I don't know how legal that is but the guy that owns the property now, apparently sold the Charger without a title and he also sold the other stuff. I don't know what happened to the other Mopars.  :shruggy:

Dans 68

Here is one I saw last week up in the mountains (no, don't ask where as I 'aint telling  :icon_smile_wink:). Auto with console XP. Chris has the info already. And yes Cody, you may use the photos if you wish. ;)

Dan

Edit: plates have been deleted....
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1FastCharger

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

The70RT

Should have blocked the licence plate.........I am on my way up there  :D

Dans 68

Quote from: The70RT on August 16, 2009, 04:08:29 PM
Should have blocked the licence plate.........I am on my way up there  :D

If you are that interested I'll tell you where it is...just kidding.  :D  I'll be back up to where the car is in November (fishing  :coolgleamA:) and get more information if you really are interested, but I get first right of refusal.... :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bearbqd

That's what I was gonna say. Even though a lot of people have seen this now, you might still want to block off those plates. That thing does look really solid. Sweet.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Dans 68

Quote from: bearbqd on August 16, 2009, 04:31:50 PM
...Even though a lot of people have seen this now, you might still want to block off those plates....

Done. Will those 20 odd people who saw the plates please wipe their memories...now.

Dan

squeakfinder

I wrote the plate number down a few minute's ago. The information is available for a large fee.
  :poke:   :nana: :nana:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

mauve66

with all the new laws at the DMV protecting privacy what are you going to get from the plates anyway??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bearbqd

Plenty of people have cop buddies that would run them for them.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

bearbqd

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 16, 2009, 04:48:04 PM
Quote from: bearbqd on August 16, 2009, 04:31:50 PM
...Even though a lot of people have seen this now, you might still want to block off those plates....

Done. Will those 20 odd people who saw the plates please wipe their memories...now.

Dan

Too late, I have detailed files in my data banks.  :icon_smile_big:
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

The70RT

Just kidding Dan. I was just giving you a heads up.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: mauve66 on August 16, 2009, 08:03:23 PM
with all the new laws at the DMV protecting privacy what are you going to get from the plates anyway??

All you gotta do is know a cop.  And forget the tag number....I can have an addy tomorrow. The highest bidder wins  :icon_smile_big:

autoxcuda

I'm on the road around So Cal all day 5 days a week. Tons of pre 75 cars on the road here. Too many to take pictures of and drive a loaded E250 van defensively at the same time. But here's some...

Here are car being driven. I see them parked and in shops too, but that doesn't count for me.

First one is on N. PCH near Malibu. Second is in Santa Barbara on the S101 around State. Third is on N110 almost to Burbank. Forth is W. on Jefferson in Culver City just past Thunder Alley (Traco, Guldstrand, Isky, ...). Last is 71 Demon on  W. on Washington Blvd at Lincoln Blvd. intersection in Venice.

Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !

Dans 68

Nice combination - a 69 R/T and the original california plate that starts with "XS". Too cool.

Dan

autoxcuda

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 16, 2009, 09:14:52 PM
Nice combination - a 69 R/T and the original california plate that starts with "XS". Too cool.

Dan

That is cool. Never noticed that.

Actually surprised at that. My 68 Barracuda S with a SPD of Nov 67 has a black and yellow plate starting with XV... I've heard in more rural areas the plate lingered longer so they don't get issued throughout the state in chronological order.
Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !