News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GREEN684SPD

in az. again.not a charger tho.

bearbqd

Was that color ever offered on that body for that year? Maybe a repaint.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

mauve66

looks to be Butterscotch from a 69 1/2 Super Bee, might be worth checking out
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mopar0166

hope this counts, it was mone but if not , my buddy has his baracuda out with me! :cheers:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: GREEN684SPD on August 17, 2009, 02:06:53 PM
in az. again.not a charger tho.

This car is about a mile from my house! It never moves and has been sitting there for a couple of years. Its bright yellow with a black vinyl roof. Looks like it was redone and just parked. :brickwall:  Maybe one day I will stop and get the story on it.

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

ChgrSteve67

After my 1,000 mile trip to Oregon and back and the number of people that took my picture with thier cell phone I would think there are a few of me rolling up and down I5 floating around somewhere.

GREEN684SPD

saw this one today.not a charger tho.

Ghoste

Not trying to be a dick and I appreciate the effort and the pics but there is a thread similar to this for all the non-Chargers that are suddenly popping up in this thread.
It's here;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52054.220.html

I'm not offended about it and I sure don't want to step on anyone else's toes, just sayin' 's all.  :shruggy:

68charger383

Here's a 68 with 69 tail lights that I've seen behind a donut shop in Huntington Beach for a few years. He finally got it painted, a nice color I might add.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mauve66 on August 16, 2009, 08:03:23 PM
with all the new laws at the DMV protecting privacy what are you going to get from the plates anyway??
You got that right.  I got a lawyer and everything and CA DMV will not budge.  They know my previous but will only tell me it's Jon Marks.  :brickwall:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Steve P.

Quote from: 68charger383 on August 22, 2009, 12:35:48 PM
Here's a 68 with 69 tail lights that I've seen behind a donut shop in Huntington Beach for a few years. He finally got it painted, a nice color I might add.

What makes you think it's a 68' with 69 tail lights? It may be a 69' with a 68' front end.... It has the 69' 1/4 markers...... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

375instroke

Saw a '68 Charger with faded B5 paint and white pin stripes following the body lines from the door scallops.  Didn't see any rust.  This was on August 19 in the Ballard Market parking lot, Seattle, WA.  I was off to the side in my '69 Charger, with my brake lights on, looking at another Charger, and some clown pulls right up to my bumper and starts hitting his horn.  Plenty of room to go around.  He wanted the parking spot right next to it, and couldn't be bothered to pick any of the many spots that were just as close.  Why do people insist on pulling right up to someone that they see is clearly stopped for whatever reason, and start hitting their horn when they can easily go around?  He was able to pull right into that spot anyways.  Ass.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 375instroke on August 22, 2009, 09:16:02 PM
Saw a '68 Charger with faded B5 paint and white pin stripes following the body lines from the door scallops.  Didn't see any rust.  This was on August 19 in the Ballard Market parking lot, Seattle, WA.  I was off to the side in my '69 Charger, with my brake lights on, looking at another Charger, and some clown pulls right up to my bumper and starts hitting his horn.  Plenty of room to go around.  He wanted the parking spot right next to it, and couldn't be bothered to pick any of the many spots that were just as close.  Why do people insist on pulling right up to someone that they see is clearly stopped for whatever reason, and start hitting their horn when they can easily go around?  He was able to pull right into that spot anyways.  Ass.

Miserable people love to perpetuate their misery.

bearbqd

73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

b5blue

Isn't that why God gave us a middle finger? I like to wave and smile when that happens also, if they keep honking get out with a big smile and ask are you OK can I help you? Act oblivious it runs them up the wall.  :2thumbs:

68charger383

Quote from: Steve P. on August 22, 2009, 03:30:04 PM

What makes you think it's a 68' with 69 tail lights? It may be a 69' with a 68' front end.... It has the 69' 1/4 markers...... 

Probably had a 69 and wanted to make things right and is in the process of converting it over to a 68.

Your right! I'll have to do a closer inspection to see if he added the 68 nose or 69 tail.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: b5blue on August 23, 2009, 10:45:44 AM
Isn't that why God gave us a middle finger? I like to wave and smile when that happens also, if they keep honking get out with a big smile and ask are you OK can I help you? Act oblivious it runs them up the wall.  :2thumbs:

:cheers: I'll have to try that some time  :lol:

grdprx

I think I found the same 70 RT that's on the bottom of page 18 in this thread!!!  Thought it looked familiar.

Anyway, I was out making some deliveries in a 14' box van.  Fun stuff.  I had to get from point A to point B, new destination, blah blah blah... So I turned on the GPS, it wouldn't acquire the satellites...  Finally did, and told me to turn right, then recalculated, told me to turn left, recalculated!!!!  make your mind up bitch!  (that's it's nick name)  Then it sends me down a residential street with round about islands!  I'm in the work truck!

So I called my buddy to complain about his bitch...   "Oh F#@K!!  DAMN!!"  I drove past this Charger sitting on the curb!!!  Holy cow!   Made my day.  So, I hung up the phone and jumped out for a few pics.  Poor car!

Gotta love the license plate!!

69bronzeT5

Sure looks like the same one. I'd put my money on that. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: grdprx on August 29, 2009, 12:48:22 AM
I think I found the same 70 RT that's on the bottom of page 22 in this thread!!!  Thought it looked familiar.

Anyway, I was out making some deliveries in a 14' box van.  Fun stuff.  I had to get from point A to point B, new destination, blah blah blah... So I turned on the GPS, it wouldn't acquire the satellites...  Finally did, and told me to turn right, then recalculated, told me to turn left, recalculated!!!!  make your mind up bitch!  (that's it's nick name)  Then it sends me down a residential street with round about islands!  I'm in the work truck!

So I called my buddy to complain about his bitch...   "Oh F#@K!!  DAMN!!"  I drove past this Charger sitting on the curb!!!  Holy cow!   Made my day.  So, I hung up the phone and jumped out for a few pics.  Poor car!

Wow... the potential has my fingers tingling... It also obviously runs or it wouldnt be licensed/registered.

69 charger 500

Quote from: 68charger383 on August 23, 2009, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: Steve P. on August 22, 2009, 03:30:04 PM

Probably had a 69 and wanted to make things right and is in the process of converting it over to a 68.

Your right! I'll have to do a closer inspection to see if he added the 68 nose or 69 tail.
so has 68 front and front quarters but 69 tails and rear quarters funny lookin thing

grdprx

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on August 29, 2009, 12:56:06 AM
I think I found the same 70 RT that's on the bottom of page 22 in this thread!!!  Thought it looked familiar.

Anyway, I was out making some deliveries in a 14' box van.  Fun stuff.  I had to get from point A to point B, new destination, blah blah blah... So I turned on the GPS, it wouldn't acquire the satellites...  Finally did, and told me to turn right, then recalculated, told me to turn left, recalculated!!!!  make your mind up bitch!  (that's it's nick name)  Then it sends me down a residential street with round about islands!  I'm in the work truck!

So I called my buddy to complain about his bitch...   "Oh F#@K!!  DAMN!!"  I drove past this Charger sitting on the curb!!!  Holy cow!   Made my day.  So, I hung up the phone and jumped out for a few pics.  Poor car!

Wow... the potential has my fingers tingling... It also obviously runs or it wouldnt be licensed/registered.

You know, as I was getting on the freeway, I wondered it the tags were current...

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: grdprx on August 29, 2009, 12:59:44 AM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on August 29, 2009, 12:56:06 AM
I think I found the same 70 RT that's on the bottom of page 22 in this thread!!!  Thought it looked familiar.

Anyway, I was out making some deliveries in a 14' box van.  Fun stuff.  I had to get from point A to point B, new destination, blah blah blah... So I turned on the GPS, it wouldn't acquire the satellites...  Finally did, and told me to turn right, then recalculated, told me to turn left, recalculated!!!!  make your mind up bitch!  (that's it's nick name)  Then it sends me down a residential street with round about islands!  I'm in the work truck!

So I called my buddy to complain about his bitch...   "Oh F#@K!!  DAMN!!"  I drove past this Charger sitting on the curb!!!  Holy cow!   Made my day.  So, I hung up the phone and jumped out for a few pics.  Poor car!

You know, as I was getting on the freeway, I wondered it the tags were current...

Even if not it looks to have a pretty solid body though slightly bruised but I bet they were current... I mean who gets custom plates that say the engine if it doesnt even run  :smilielol: besides country bumpkins?

MoparManJim

grdprx