News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeakfinder

Blue was illeagle in Oregon last time I checked. Looks like it has original plates maybee looking at the colour.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on September 28, 2009, 09:44:38 PM
Another third gen about a mile from my house. I started seeing it once school started because this year I drive a different route to a different school. Finally remembered to take my camera with me. It's parked at this cocktail lounge pretty much every day so apparently the owner likes the hooch.

That's Cowboy Joe's rig.  He used to be a prominent member of the R/T club.  I think he's the original owner too.  It used to have nitrous but I think he blew that motor up.

He was at one of our meetings telling us about a lounge he hung out at was going to do an inaugural cruise in earlier this summer.

It seems most older hot rods I've seen have those blue dots on their tail lights.

moparsons

i recently acqired a tail light for my buddy's 70 dart to replace a cracked one. Couple days later i go over and he tells me it wasn't the same, but he used it anyways....must be from a different year. He points and says "See...mine had the blue dots." :rofl: He actually had never seen em and thought they were stock!!!

bull

Quote from: squeakfinder on September 29, 2009, 08:41:11 PM

Blue was illeagle in Oregon last time I checked. Looks like it has original plates maybee looking at the colour.

Most likely. But Oregon went to yellow-back reflective plates in 75 so I'm not sure what to make of that. In reality it should have the non-reflective blue back plates if he's the original owner unless he had them replaced or it wasn't purchased/licensed until 75. :shruggy:

grdprx

Does ESPN Sportscenter count?  LOL  

Last night during Sportscenter with Chris "Boomer" Berman's 2 Minute drill, he's talking about the AFL and showing clips from back in the day.  There was a 69 Charger for just a second in one of the clips!  I couldn't believe it, sitting on the sidelines there by the end zone. "I'm ready to go in coach!"

Just saw the segment again this morning, YUP!  It's a 1969 Charger, teal greenish in color.  Hard to tell really with the color quality back then.  HA!  

Musicman

I saw this real nice example in NH earlier this week. I was there for 4 days, and was really hoping to run into the owner, but no luck...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparsons on September 30, 2009, 12:21:49 AM
i recently acqired a tail light for my buddy's 70 dart to replace a cracked one. Couple days later i go over and he tells me it wasn't the same, but he used it anyways....must be from a different year. He points and says "See...mine had the blue dots." :rofl: He actually had never seen em and thought they were stock!!!
Thats funny. How about back in the day when people ran their back up lamps on also?  I did that as a teen, but not the blue dot thing even though I remember them well.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

b5blue

On GM's if you hooked up the tranny wires wrong the back ups stayed on.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Musicman on October 10, 2009, 06:44:10 AM
I saw this real nice example in NH earlier this week. I was there for 4 days, and was really hoping to run into the owner, but no luck...

That is one clean 3rd gen!!! I think those hubcaps are the same ones chrysler used on the Cordoba, my uncle had one with hubcaps just like those.

HeavyFuel

This one was at a diner in a small town in ND (actully they are all small towns in ND, compared to other states).  But anyway, I about had a fit when I saw it.  We were on our way to our vacation spot at a lake in MN, and were off the interstate for some food.  I dropped off the kids at Subway, and the wife and I headed back for  some photos.  I was hoping to catch the guy and the car in the parking lot of the diner, but he was already on the move.  The wife grabbed this shot.  Not an awesome car, but nice.

bull

Really? Maybe my standards are low but it looks pretty awesome to me. :shruggy: Looks like a very well-kept survivor.

The70RT

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2009, 07:30:10 PM
Really? Maybe my standards are low but it looks pretty awesome to me. :shruggy: Looks like a very well-kept survivor.

Probably just a 318 car since it has single exhaust but still a pretty clean looking car. Plus it is the best color  :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger440RDN

The mud flaps and white walls need to go they take away from the car.

HeavyFuel

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice car.   :yesnod:  I guess I'm just a stickler for some things, like the little single stainless mud flap up front.  Looks kinda odd.  But hey, the guy driving it looked fairly senior, so it may be original owner car for all I know.  I remember having those same kind of flaps on my first car, a 76 Monte Carlo.  

bull

Yea, all those little quirks scream "original owner" to me.

b5blue

Cool time-warp car....makes me feel like 1975 all over! There was a 70 around here with the same effect going on.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2009, 07:30:10 PM
:iagree:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69DodgeCharger

I've seen this one in the wilds of my driveway recently.

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger440RDN

The 1970 Charger 500 I almost bought last winter is now for sale down in Kansas. It surprised me when I saw it pop up on craigslist. Small world when it comes to Chargers.  Here is the link

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/1437473950.html

Chris G.

Been sitting in Kearny for (I'm guessing) years.

motorcitydak

Saw another one today. It was a dark green '70 with a black top and a blacked out nose chrome piece. It was rite by my house in St Clair Shores, Mi on Harper just north of 11 mile Rd at about 3pm. Didnt have time to get a pic tho
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Brock Samson

checked on the progress of this one,...  :-\  as it slowly returns to the elements...

ChgrSteve67

What a shame.

Check out that hitch.

I see head rests.

An Orig CA car.

Brock Samson

Here's the whole story, I've seen this car in the same spot since i was in grammer school in the late '60s and I remember it brand new in '67.. when i used to ride by everyday on the bus...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,18958.0.html