News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

Saw this sweet 68 leaving a small weekly show, he's a member on here, though I don't recall his screen name.

RTPTRON

Quote from: grdprx on May 07, 2010, 11:17:56 PM
Saw this sweet 68 leaving a small weekly show, he's a member on here, though I don't recall his screen name.

It was nice to see you again last night.  Thanks for taking the pictures.

Akron_Charger

Quote from: grdprx on November 26, 2009, 12:47:50 AM
Saw another 3rd gen on the way into work this morning...

Quick cell phone pic proved once again why your not supposed to use these things while driving!  LOL
where was this taken, looks k inda like my car :shruggy:

grdprx

Quote from: RTPTRON on May 09, 2010, 07:03:44 PM
Quote from: grdprx on May 07, 2010, 11:17:56 PM

It was nice to see you again last night.  Thanks for taking the pictures.

Good to see you too!  Charger is looking great!

grdprx

Quote from: Akron_Charger on May 09, 2010, 09:59:57 PM
Quote from: grdprx on November 26, 2009, 12:47:50 AM
Saw another 3rd gen on the way into work this morning...

Quick cell phone pic proved once again why your not supposed to use these things while driving!  LOL
where was this taken, looks k inda like my car :shruggy:

Auburn, WA....  Saw it in Bellevue a few months ago too!

grdprx

My little brother Texted me this evening and then sent me this Picture mail, he spotted a Black 68!  I've trained him well!   :coolgleamA:

greenpigs

A purple\blue 1st gen passed me on the way home. They had Charger acid etched on the side glass with some keystones on it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Memphis Mopar

Went to the westcoast mopar show today in Tampa, Florida there was about 50 cars there. A lot of roadrunners and challengers there was only one 70 charger there.

grdprx

Quote from: grdprx on April 07, 2010, 07:29:17 PM
I just saw a black 69 Charger rolling down Central in Kent!  It's pouring rain!!!  Sweet car, tried to pull over for a pic; but it was gone.   :flame:

Any other day of the week, I'd have flipped a U-turn and chased it down; but I had to be somewhere by 5...  

I saw this black 69 charger again!!  This time I had a chance to persue it.   :coolgleamA:  ( Was supposed to be picking my mom up from work, but she can wait 20 min... )

I was sitting at a light waiting to turn left, he drove past and turned into a gas station to my right.  So I turned left into a parking lot and ran across the street to meet him and his car!  Real nice guy, he's owned the Charger for just over a year, got it as a shell from TX.  It's an RT, though I forgot to peek at the VIN.  He got a 440 and tranny out of a 72 Imperial.  Did some body work and paint himself.  Car came with floor pans, which he installed.  Looked pretty nice as a driver.  He'd put a back seat in it from a 91 Lexus!!  haha  Looked all right, molded seats and inset seat belts.

While we were chatting, a couple guys in a Jeep Cherokee revved their engine at us; and asked "What engine you got??"  440...  "Sweeet!!"

Then a Lincoln Towncar with some kids pulled up, "Wanna race, I got $100."  His reply was, "I only race on the track."  Smart reply.  Then one of the kids in the back seat piped in, "you should put a roll cage in it!"

I asked him it he'd mind if I took a few pics...  Also plugged the web site, told him how much help everyone here has been for me!  :cheers:  :2thumbs:

grdprx

I found ANOTHER one!  A 1st Gen this time, think it may be the first time that I've seen one of those.

I won't dare guess which year, cuz I am not up to speed on 1st and 3rd gens...  Looked quite nice!  Current tabs on it too!

bull

GPULLER

That would be a '66, it has no turn signals at the top front edge of the fenders.

squeakfinder

You definitely have a nose for finding them. Good job.   :yesnod:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

grdprx

I've turned into a hunter, scanning everywhere when I'm on the road.  And when I'm not looking, they appear!  Go figures.

I saw a 3rd gen that was in disrepair also, but couldn't get a pic of it.

I love this thread though.   :2thumbs:

lacucarachaloco

Now that they have started cruise night again on Van Nuys Blvd. I have actually seen a few.. and none with that freaking 01 on the side either... At the last one I actually saw a yellow and black DAYTONA!!!!!  :drool5: I almost rear ended the suv in front of me.. I woulda stopped but I was taking my girl to her ultrasound appointment... She actually wouldn't have minded if we had had time... guess I'm pretty luck there.

TruckDriver

I saw a yellow '68 R/T running with a '69 Coronet and a '69 Satellite or Roadrunner today in Watertown, Wi. I had one chance to get a pic, and of course, I hit the wrong button on my phone :brickwall:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

grdprx

Found ANOTHER Charger today!  Saw it on my lunch break, a 3rd gen this time..  Looks pretty straight.  Again, I'm not up to speed on 3rd gens, so I couldn't guess what year it is.   :scratchchin:

I texted my buddy at work my find, and his responce was: "you better get yours going, or is going to be old news"

Red Ram

Quote from: grdprx on May 20, 2010, 01:11:35 AM
I found ANOTHER one!  A 1st Gen this time, think it may be the first time that I've seen one of those.

I won't dare guess which year, cuz I am not up to speed on 1st and 3rd gens...  Looked quite nice!  Current tabs on it too!

Sweet '66! The owner must be very lucky!    :yesnod:
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Slowpoke

Saw a red 69 charger last night driving through Camby Indiana, Thats just south of Indianapolis, last night. Looked like an unrestored driver  :2thumbs:.
Was it anyone from here?
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

grdprx

So, this is unbelievable...  I've found a 4th Charger this week!   :coolgleamA:  :icon_smile_big:

Took a trip up north past Seattle, found this up where we were at..  Had to pull over and snap a pic!

1969chargerrtse

Yesterday I saw this beautiful Charger driving through a parking lot. Very nice guy named Jim.  He's a member here.  The car is stunning, my Iphone pictures don't do it justice.  Had a nice loud rumble to it also.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on May 29, 2010, 07:53:33 AM
Yesterday I saw this beautiful Charger driving through a parking lot. Very nice guy named Jim.  He's a member here.  The car is stunning, my Iphone pictures don't do it justice.  Had a nice loud rumble to it also.  :2thumbs:
stalker   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

grdprx

Sweet charger!  Got a wing, like the one I saw   :2thumbs:

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

TruckDriver

Today at Ponderosa.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P