News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: SF_FF1 on July 16, 2010, 11:45:05 AM
Hey, thats my car...and my elbow.
There's some excellent parking going on in that picture....
welcome   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

yeah, i think when i pulled up on ya' and gave ya the old thumbs up  :2thumbs: you guys thought you were about to git "Jacked"..
  sorry bought that...  :shruggy:  :lol:
  see ya' around...  :icon_smile_wink:

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

SF_FF1

yeah, don't think I was actually parking- dropping some one off I think (?)... anyhow those $50 parking tickets aren't a lot of fun, actually if you get zinged for overlapping a curb ramp (like I am in this picture -ahem-) it's quite a bit more that that. Three hundred or so....
Anyhow it's nice to have an excuse to post on this site- have checked it out off and on for quite some time.  It's a great resource both for info and for  when you need a fix of charger pictures or stories.
So thanks.
And one of these times I'll make it out to one of your charger cruises....

1969chargerrtse

I was heading south bound on I 95 in NC yesterday when I saw a 68/70 Charger on a flatbed heading North.  It was a faded yellow color and looked like it was being saved.  That was cool to see.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TruckDriver

Monday a bone stock unrestored (it sure looked like it) hemi orange '70 caught me by surprise driving by me near Larson, Wi.. Hubcaps with white wall tires and all.

Today at work, going through Jackson, Wi., at a body shop, I spotted this '68. I had time to stop and get a few pics with my phone. I think the guy is asking way to much for what to me looks like a recent barn find that they sprayed with a new coat of paint, and cleaned the interior. The vinyl top was dry, and had one small rip in it too. Still, a very nice project if he would only be asking about half of what he is. I looked around to find someone to ask what engine is in it, but they were all busy and I didn't have that much time to burn (as I was still working).
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TruckDriver

more ;)
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikepmcs

I find it humorous that it just says "68 Dodge"  
Do they still make those air fresheners?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 28, 2010, 09:17:00 PM
I find it humorous that it just says "68 Dodge"  
Do they still make those air fresheners?

You can still buy those air fresheners.
PETE

bull

I'll get some pictures later but a couple days ago I followed up on a '68 Charger sighting not too far from home. It was the typical scene, cars and junk all over the place, parked on the grass, woman in a bathrobe who had just woke up at 1 pm was out there with the husband and owner towing off a '70 Chevelle to be stored at some "friends" house. The green '68 Charger R/T 440/console auto was sitting in the driveway and has been for years getting more rusty and rotten. He tells me that his dad bought it new and that once restored it'll be worth around $100,000.  ::)

I love my camera. :rotz:

TruckDriver

PETE

grdprx

mauve66

Quote from: bull on July 29, 2010, 09:56:44 AM
I'll get some pictures later but a couple days ago I followed up on a '68 Charger sighting not too far from home. It was the typical scene, cars and junk all over the place, parked on the grass, woman in a bathrobe who had just woke up at 1 pm was out there with the husband and owner towing off a '70 Chevelle to be stored at some "friends" house. The green '68 Charger R/T 440/console auto was sitting in the driveway and has been for years getting more rusty and rotten. He tells me that his dad bought it new and that once restored it'll be worth around $100,000. ::)

I love my camera. :rotz:

thats why he's got fords in the driveway............ :rotz:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

bull

He's got a little of everything. Ford Lightning pickup with a Harley in the back of it, a Mitsu 3000 on the front yard, a 90s T-bird, a Vette in the garage, a Chevelle and a bunch of other brand x junk. Not to mention just plain crap everywhere. Parts of appliances, barbecues, rags, puddles of oil, cigarette butts, oil cans, gas cans, you name it. I'm sure he's well loved in the neighborhood.

b5blue

I drove 40 miles to look at a 1940 something jeep one time. I followed directions down side roads and came upon a very old Jeep with a small tree growing up in the middle of it. Horrified and pissed having gone so far I pulled in and asked the old man working outside if that was the Jeep in the paper for sale. He snapped back: Hell No! I wish people would stop bugging me to buy my Jeep! Relived I thanked him and left to continue on. (I did end up finding a very nice 1942 GWP (Ford) Jeep that day)  :smilielol: 

METROID

First 2 are of the same 1969 Charger (383 big block) Last time I asked how much I was told 12k. 1968 GTX at the same place same price (12k) both cars have been sitting for a decade and the price seems to go up as the cars decay.

The 1970 Charger I saw today at a gas station with an attached shop. I went inside to ask who owned it and how much. The cashier said it was his and it wasn't for sale. The guy told me he picked it up for $3,200 and that he was swapping the motor out. I kept pressing him about buying it but he kept saying it is a really rare car and he refused to sell it. Poor guy doesn't know what he is into, car looks decent for a beater but needs a new engine. Worst of all the roof has got major cancer, the first thing I would do would be to turn it into a convertable :smilielol:.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

bull

Sometimes these guys can be persuaded to understand that their cars are not made of gold, sometimes not. I talked to a woman and her husband enough about a '69 to get the asking price down from $12K (that seems to be the popular price range) to $4k. The woman that owned it thought that since the car had a 318 "wedge" that it was worth 4 times what it was. I think the best method to pry these cars out of the hands of hoarders is frequent visits with cash in hand. They always get one-time visitors who tell them they're crazy but rarely do they see a sincere person come by more than a couple times.

METROID

Quote from: bull on August 02, 2010, 02:32:33 PM
Sometimes these guys can be persuaded to understand that their cars are not made of gold, sometimes not. I talked to a woman and her husband enough about a '69 to get the asking price down from $12K (that seems to be the popular price range) to $4k. The woman that owned it thought that since the car had a 318 "wedge" that it was worth 4 times what it was. I think the best method to pry these cars out of the hands of hoarders is frequent visits with cash in hand. They always get one-time visitors who tell them they're crazy but rarely do they see a sincere person come by more than a couple times.

I went back this morning to the shop to talk to the owner. It turns out the cashier lied to me yesterday and apparently he is not the owner. One of the mechanics in the shop owns it. I spoke to the mechanic and he told me IF he were let it go he would need at least 10k. The car is a 318 with a vinyl top, he has added a rebuilt 440 but that seems to be about it. I could see maybe asking 7k if the 440 is actually a good reliable build but 10k for an unrestored 318 charger with a rusty crusty roof is just to much. Anyway, I think you are right bull I need to keep going back with cash in hand and see if I can work him way down.

Quote from: mauve66 on August 02, 2010, 08:14:06 AM
did ya send him over here????

Regardless next time I stop by I will invite him to the site.

bull

I'd go back with $6k in your hand and $1k in your wallet if you really want it. It's worth $6k and although $7k wouldn't be a smokin' deal it's not beyond the realm of fair. As you know it's not worth $10k.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 25, 2010, 10:08:49 PM
I saw this '68 in downtown Vancouver yesterday. It looked and sounded soooo awesome :coolgleamA:

DUDE THATS MY DADS OLD CAR!!!! WE SOLD THAT THING YEARS AGO , LOOKS LIKE THE OWNERS PUT THE HIDEAWAYS BACK ON AND SOME BIG ASS RIMS

Chargerrtforme

Just saw a mint bright red Daytona with a white stripe fly by me on a trailer. Niccccccccccee.

bull

Quote from: Chargerrtforme on August 10, 2010, 12:58:17 PM
Just saw a mint bright red Daytona with a white stripe fly by me on a trailer. Niccccccccccee.

Sounds like Dane's old one. Where was it?

Troy

I saw a goldish 3rd gen coming at me on HWY 129 on the way to work last week. It looked like a woman was driving. It's a divided highway with plenty of traffic so I just caught it out of the corner of my eye. I'll have to keep looking.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2010, 04:08:48 PM
Quote from: Chargerrtforme on August 10, 2010, 12:58:17 PM

Sounds like Dane's old one. Where was it?
I saw it too!!  1pm on I 95 in west haven/New haven Ct. Heading North bound.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.