News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I saw a red '69 the other day but I was trapped in a parking lot and it was running loose on Division Street. One of the few sunny days we've had here in... I don't know how long.

F8-4life

Sorry no pics but my buddy has a project '68 Charger b5, original 383 4 speed that he drives around occasionally.

charger01

Wow, saw a red third generation today with cragar sst's.  Been running around for the last twenty years unchanged.  Then I past a wine colored first generation shortly thereafter.  Pretty cool coincidence.  Sorry no pics.

elacruze

Found this yesterday, only a mile from my house! Both guys helping with my resto know the car, hasn't been licenced since July of last year. I left a note on the door...not a real R/T, G code says 383-2bbl? White interior, console automatic.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

grdprx

Quote from: elacruze on April 22, 2011, 09:32:00 PM
Found this yesterday, only a mile from my house! Both guys helping with my resto know the car, hasn't been licenced since July of last year. I left a note on the door...not a real R/T, G code says 383-2bbl? White interior, console automatic.

Nice find!  Looks a bit weathered..  Hope you hear from them.

sixty8charger

This GL is on the "other side of the tracks"..(kinda a bad area of town)  I've noticed it since I have been here in New Bern, NC (since '08)  Has never moved!
Looks to be an R/T.. but seen better days. Pretty beat up.  01 on the side and the flag on top too!  Looks like the interior is in there as well.. 

Pic is a slow drive by "snapping!" from this morning.
Jayson

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: sixty8charger on April 25, 2011, 06:43:01 AM
This GL is on the "other side of the tracks"..(kinda a bad area of town)  I've noticed it since I have been here in New Bern, NC (since '08)  Has never moved!
Looks to be an R/T.. but seen better days. Pretty beat up.  01 on the side and the flag on top too!  Looks like the interior is in there as well.. 

Love it :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

grdprx

Nice!  Kind of surprised it's still there, being a bad part of town and all..  :rofl:

greenpigs

My guess is the owner is a bad ass and therefore no one will mess with it that is local.

I love that blue Charger & yes I think that is the 2 bbl 383 VIN number also.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on April 25, 2011, 10:37:21 PM
My guess is the owner is a bad ass and therefore no one will mess with it that is local.
[color]

Or more likely he's got a reputation as a bad ass but if someone were to spend a couple of visits talking to him like a normal human he'd probably consider selling. Not me though. I used to have a lot more patience with Billy Badass and his "my-rusty-Charger-is-worth-fifty-grand" routine.

But now I just think he just needs a good :slap:.

greenpigs

I was talking about why no one messed with it not the after school special breakdown of his mental health.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on April 25, 2011, 10:50:30 PM
I was talking about why no one messed with it not the after school special breakdown of his mental health.

Like I said, Mr. Acerbic. :icon_smile_cool: It's good that you're never too pissy to highlight everything in green though. Good work.

greenpigs

Been doing that for awhile, nice of you too notice.  :fart2:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on April 26, 2011, 12:21:23 AM
Been doing that for awhile, nice of you too notice.  :fart2:

That's why I used the word "never" in my previous post. And since we're getting picky there should be only one O in your "too" above. :nono:

greenpigs

I wasn't sure but I figured you would correct me as you seem to like doing that. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

sixty8charger

Once I get my charger driving, I will probably take it over to the GL and strike up a conversation.  :icon_smile_big:  Might help him get it in the classified section!
Jayson

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Brock Samson

DustinSimmonds

I find the picture of that pig slightly disturbing!  :lol:

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 25, 2011, 07:06:54 AM

Love it :2thumbs:

Awesome!! I woud ask the owner what he wants for it very nice charger!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

KS71owner

I was going through some old photo at work (photos of billboards we put up) and I found one with a truck towing a 3rd gen on a trailer. I'll post it tomorrow when I'm at the office. The picture isn't too old, I think late 90s or so if memory serves.

surmanajaja

whats the address`? maybe I can see it better on "google-view".looks like a nice car!

KS71owner

Found the photo - not as old as I thought, this photo is pretty recent. The billboard has been there a while - probably why I thought it was older.

Johnnys440Charger

I was in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada on Saturday night Apr 30th 2011 when I saw this purple 70!  Made my night.

grdprx

Quote from: Johnnys440Charger on May 02, 2011, 05:57:01 PM
I was in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada on Saturday night Apr 30th 2011 when I saw this purple 70!  Made my night.

Great shot!   :coolgleamA:  Sweet looking Charger.