News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Drache on September 20, 2011, 10:03:48 AM
seen a '68 R/T "General Lee" and a '71 Superbee travelling together this weekend in Prince George.

Here are pics of the cars taken at a different time:

I'm old school (66-70). When I hear SuoerBee, I think Coronet. I remember the first time I saw the Charger get the SuperBee name back in the 70s and thinking, that ain't right. Nice pictures.
That would be like Chevy building a Nova Z/28
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

surmanajaja

well they made a Nova -bodied GTO---

http://www.wichitagto.com/dnn/Portals/0/Gallery/416/1974%20GTO%20pic%201.JPG

to me a Super Bee is only the 1970 coronet. that is just so unique looking car, love it or hate it.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: surmanajaja on September 20, 2011, 11:26:22 AM
well they made a Nova -bodied GTO---

http://www.wichitagto.com/dnn/Portals/0/Gallery/416/1974%20GTO%20pic%201.JPG

to me a Super Bee is only the 1970 coronet. that is just so unique looking car, love it or hate it.
Love em.  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

mauve66

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 20, 2011, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: Drache on September 20, 2011, 10:03:48 AM
seen a '68 R/T "General Lee" and a '71 Superbee travelling together this weekend in Prince George.

Here are pics of the cars taken at a different time:

I'm old school (66-70). When I hear SuoerBee, I think Coronet. I remember the first time I saw the Charger get the SuperBee name back in the 70s and thinking, that ain't right. Nice pictures.
That would be like Chevy building a Nova Z/28

basically they did, they just called it a SS instead, same thing with r/t and superbee, just a package on a base car
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brock Samson

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ralley72

I was unable to get my camera out fast enough to take a pictures of a very nice looking purple 1971 Charger R/T, white top and rear wing today.It was heading east on National rd in St. Clairsville OH. Hopefully this car belongs to a member here and can post a picture. Been here a little over a week and this is the first real Mopar I have seen.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Saw a 70 Charger while driving through NC yesterday.

In a fenced lot, it was fir sale... No time to stop though...

Wasn't for sale, last time I saw it...

ChargerD100

Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

RIDELIKEHELL

Well kids I found the owner of this car by luck while browsing the local KIJIJI classifieds cars ads :2thumbs:

The guy has a duster for sale locally & after reading his description it said...."Found my dream car..a 1968 Charger! So I called him and low and behold it was the yellow I spotted in the spring. I've told him about the site but here is a pic he sent me. Happy to find another 68 owner here as I only know of 1 other in the area :icon_smile_big:

Here is his note to me...

My car was a garage find, being a contractor I completed a fence job threeyears back for a gentleman in the south end of sarnia, while we were there Iwas rambling on about my duster. He then open the garage door to show me hisbaby, there it was! He had it for 24 years, and he only put three thousandmile on it. Called me in spring, said wasn't able to take care of it like heuse to. Made me an offer that I could not refuse. I'm guessing if we onlyget one lottery in life, this would be mine lol.
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on May 27, 2011, 11:13:17 AM
:cheers:

Just noticed this one in a little garage just outside of the city I live in here in Canada. Owner wasn't around but apparently had her in for a safety today but it was definately a driver. 440 Auto car.............
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

charger01

Today!!!!! and it was mine. :icon_smile_big: Took it on it's maiden voyage to the gas station.  Hadn't been on the road previously for over 20 years........Needs a few adjustments, but oh what a feelin. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_cool:

grdprx

Quote from: charger01 on November 03, 2011, 09:11:32 AM
Today!!!!! and it was mine. :icon_smile_big: Took it on it's maiden voyage to the gas station.  Hadn't been on the road previously for over 20 years........Needs a few adjustments, but oh what a feelin. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_cool:

Congratulations!    :cheers:     Lookin good!!    :drool5:

TheAutoArchaeologist

I see them all the time, you can check out my photostream www.flickr.com  This one was rather unique though....

Ryan

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Saw one last year while driving through Pahrump, NV on 260  :2thumbs: It was painted like the General Lee

69bronzeT5

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 03, 2011, 10:46:40 AM
Saw one last year while driving through Pahrump, NV on 260  :2thumbs: It was painted like the General Lee

skip68 has a General Lee and lives in Pahrump...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 04, 2011, 01:41:01 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 03, 2011, 10:46:40 AM

skip68 has a General Lee and lives in Pahrump...

No kidding? Probably their car  :cheers:

RallyeMike

Here's one that has been sitting for at least 10 years. I looked it up on Google Maps street view and it's still there.

70 R/T (no hemi badge to be seen, so I assume it's a 440 car).

There also used to be another one parked in the street that is now gone.

Wonder what is in the garage?   :scratchchin:

4002 Eastern Ave N, Seattle WA
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

gtx6970

Last week, Actually I saw several. most if not all are NON repairable

this ones toast btw

BigBlackDodge

I've seen many a tree growing in the engine bay, but that's the first one coming out of the trunk. :laugh:

BBD

grdprx

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 23, 2011, 12:30:32 PM
Here's one that has been sitting for at least 10 years. I looked it up on Google Maps street view and it's still there.

70 R/T (no hemi badge to be seen, so I assume it's a 440 car).

There also used to be another one parked in the street that is now gone.

Wonder what is in the garage?   :scratchchin:

4002 Eastern Ave N, Seattle WA

Hows it going RallyeMike??  Is that a current picture of the 70 RT? I have seen it off an on for the past few years, as of August or September, it had disappeared.  Either gone, or garaged.

UH60L

Last week, I saw the same blue '72 that I posted about being for sale earlier in the year, parked outside the same dealership, Coop's Car Connection (Salem, OR), on the street, as though the owner brought it back, or perhaps the dealership owner decided to keep it for himslelf.  (there were no for sale stickers on it anymore)

It's a good looking 318 car, but they were asking $12,000 for it when it was for sale.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...saw a silver 69 w R/T stripe on the back of an open car carrier about 40 minutes outside palm springs on I 10

Anyone here buy it?? It was heading west towards LA

This was on Saturday.

FlatbackFanatic

Today I saw a 68 on a trailer, its looked like it was just painted, a Real nice Black!! It was in Albertville,MN. I was wondering if its someone from here.(I wish I had my camera at the time).
:drool5: :drool5:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

MoparMotel

Went scouting around town and found these:

3 68-70 Chargers and one 68-69 roadrunner/satellite
1968 Dodge Charger