News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear valance removal

Started by GTX, October 26, 2005, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

It's time to begin tearing out my old ('68) valance and corner pieces and putting in new ones.
I remember seeing somewhere a step by step process for gettting them all taken out and then putting in the new ones but I can't find it anymore. Can someone please walk me through it all? Any special tools I should get in advance?
Also, what does everyone recommend for replacement? Year One or are these others like seen on eBay any good?

Thanks!

694spdRT

Most every repo panel is made by Goodmark and sold by different distributors whether it is Year One, Paddock, or any of the others.

I would check out 69 Hemi's site for great step by step resto advice.

www.69hemi.com
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

palindromes

My advice would be to get a good spot-weld cutter for those 200 or so welds to drill out.  I also found the set of (large) cheapo welding clamps from harbor freight were really handy for holding things in place when welding it to the rear lip of the trunkpans.  Clecos were also nice to have (the pins as well as clamps) to hold those corners in place.

I've got a few pics of my installation scattered on my webpages at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/612641, but definitely not a step-by-step how-to.