News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ouch! I hurt myself

Started by yellowcuda, October 27, 2005, 09:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcuda

OK, I fuel jets for a living, and while rolling up the fuel hose reel (yes I play with big hoses all day) my hand got pulled into the reel.  Doc says that my new winter gloves Jonathan bought me Monday saved my hand.  Believe it or not, no broken bones, just tendon and soft tissue.  It blew up almost twice the size of my regular hand and was black immediately.  This happened yesterday, today the knuckles are blue too, but not too much pain.  Thought I would share. :'(

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Old Moparz

Could have been a lot worse, good to hear you're okay. Take 2 asprin & browse ebay for a while, that'll help take your mind off your hand for a bit.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ramit

Blown70

Actually you do NOT want to take asprin.  THAT can thin the blood and cause an increased risk of further bleeding...  Esp with a large injury like that.  Let just say I know that for a fact.

Also the pain will present over the next week or two... But hey you still have your hand thankfully.

Tom,

PS. BTW thanks for getting me Johnathans #, Great conversation about the EFI SYSTEM....

4402tuff4u

Good thing you did'nt lose your hand! Is that a puncture wound in the center? Ouuch!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

ChargerRob

:eek:      :puke:   Just Kidding. Hope you feel better.  :thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

dart3404

:o OUCH!!! :'(  hope you are feeling better soon....  :pity:

41husk

That should get you a few days off to work on your car :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

yellowcuda

Thanks everybody.  Can't work on the car without Jonathan home, he is my restoration man and he actually flew out of town about 1 hour before this happened.  I know he loved that phone call. :)

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

Shakey

Hi Shelly, hope you feel better soon.   :-*   :pity:

I'll bet responding to posts will take a bit more time, only typing with one hand and all!   :icon_smile_big:

Um, fuel jets - I thought you were in real estate?     :shruggy:   It might be a bit safer.

Brock Samson

Glad it wasn't worse, looks painful and tender,.. hope you recover quickly and it don't bother ya too much... enjoy your time off!..  ;)
good to hear from ya' Shelly,.. See ya in chat?..

yellowcuda

I still have my license, but I missed the airplanes and the honesty.   I went back to my old job and am very happy to be back there.   I am the only girl there, but I am guaranteed line girl of the month every month!   hehe   In all honesty, the stress of real estate for someone that isn't a "salesman" is pretty high. I wanted to be happy and Jonathan gave me the thumbs up to do whatever I wanted, even though it meant considerabley less money.   There are plenty of ways to get hurt at the airport, but we are usually pretty safe...the reel on that truck hadn't been used in a couple weeks, we have been using another truck and it for some reason developed a glitch...but hey I found it! :)   Could have been worse, I could have easily been having reconstructive surgery right now.   I won't complain (too much). :)   I love the airplanes though and wouldn't give up my job for anything.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

RD

sorry to hear about that Shelly, hope it heals fast.  On the good side, you are right handed right?  at least you can use a mouse still and browse ebay like OM stated :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

The Mad Scientist

Ouch indeed!!!

Glad to hear you're going to be okay. 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on October 27, 2005, 11:42:11 AM
sorry to hear about that Shelly, hope it heals fast.   On the good side, you are right handed right?   at least you can use a mouse still and browse ebay like OM stated :D
:iagree: If you're right handed, at least you can still write, wipe & pick your nose like normal.  :boogie:

J/K :icon_smile_big:

I'm glad your injury wasn't worse.
Since you work in the airline industry, you should hop a flight to Hawaii & rest up there. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

yellowcuda

Hawaii...mmmm.  That would be nice.  I work with private and corporate jets though.  All the rich and high fulutin people.  Maybe one of them are going... good thought.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

Doc74

Ouch I know the feeling of something like that well, a bit too well actually .
Don't go nuts on meds now, if it really stings....get drunk  :icon_smile_big:
And be careful with all those big toys at the airport, we only have one Shelley darnit !

btw when you're in chat send me a pm, it's been a while hasn't it .

Take care red

41husk

Man that is a double whammy, hurt (looks very painfull) and off work but can't work on the car.  I sure hope things get better.  Doesn't sound like anything beer can't fix :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

psykicpup

ohhh that looks sore! :pity:

get well soon
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

TruckDriver

OUCH!!! :o

You need someone to kiss the owie :D

Seriously...... thank goodness you still have your hand! I hope you get better soon!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to hear it Shelly.   Hopefully workmans comp will cover you the time you are out.

Fuel airplanes huh?   Definately NOT what I pictured you doing....Like others stated I remember you posted that real estate pic....
Do you get to wear one of those jumpsuits? :scratchchin: :angel: :devil:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mefirst

Damn, that hand looks like you gave someone a realy good ass whoopping.. Sorry to hear that you got hurt.. But like already stated, it could have turned out allot worse.. Hope you have a speedy recovery..

Take care Shelly :wave:

/Tom

General_01

Ouch! is right. Glad it wasn't worse and hope you heal up quickly.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

cudaken

Glad your not a man, would hurt handeling a crank ;D Soory but I am weak.

Before would be blowen 440 took a dump after 90 miles I and Les where getting some 100 AV gas. I was looking at the reel and did think to my self "that could hurt someone".

Glad you will be OK and looking for Fords and Mustangs pretty quick in that Cuda.

Cuda Ken
I am back

TheGhost

Hope you feel better soon, Shelley. :)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.