News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window Felt Question???

Started by wldside, October 16, 2008, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wldside

I have a 69 Charger and I purchased the window catwiskers/felt for from YO.  After reading some past posts, it seems a lot of people are buying the Top Cat brand.  Just curious if there are differences and what they are.  I have noticed that the original ones on the upper door pads on the rear quarter glass are much thicker than the YO's, is this the same with the Top Cats?   :shruggy:

Thanks

Ghoste

There seem to be exact replacements out there and generic ones.  The generic ones are a little thinner and easier to install.  The premium ones are more work to put on but they are the correct oem style replacements.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Im not sure which one YO carries but the set I got from them about 8 years ago used the incorrect rubber outer seal on the glass (GM style) instead of the correct felt sealing style on the inner & outer sections.....
The Top Cat brand uses the correct felt on both sides (inner & outer)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

YO used to offer both and at one time they even had tech help that could tell you the difference.  I'm not so sure about any of that anymore though.

Shakey

In the box of parts that came with my car were a set of the cheap ones.  They are still sitting in the basement as I purchased a set of the Top Cat brand and will use those instead.

Corret Ghoste, YO offers both and neither are any good!

wldside

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Looks like I'll order up a set of the Top Cats too.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: wldside on October 20, 2008, 09:51:37 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.  Looks like I'll order up a set of the Top Cats too.

I got mine from www.rpmrestoparts.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

baullz

Where are you guys getting your Top Cat brand window felts from.  I just did a quick search and cant seem to find anyone that carries them.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: baullz on October 21, 2008, 01:03:15 PM
Where are you guys getting your Top Cat brand window felts from.  I just did a quick search and cant seem to find anyone that carries them.

I did post right above you who I got mine from.....clicking that link brings you to their page....it seems however that RPM is no longer in business but they do provide another link to their sister comnpany....
http://www.dixierestorationparts.com/
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

baullz

Oh ok I wasnt sure if those were the Top Cat ones or not, I didnt see anything that said what brand they were

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good point....one can only assume they still sell the same "premium" no GM rubber type like they advertise....a phone call might be warranted as well :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Winged 1

;)
Don't use the ones from YO. Not even close to what you want..
Ended up just tossing mine..
Eric

gasoline_24

Mine are from Legendary.  Anybody use these?  What have been your results?  I threw my old ones away so don't have anything to compare them to. 

BROCK

Paid good money for it, got it, thought it was crap & tossed it................?????????????

Whaaaaaa.  Return for credit!  fight for what is right.  Yeah, I kinda draw the line at
helping the company or doing their engineering for them.  But, come on people, shite
is returnable & we should stand up for our own justice.

So far:  TopCat Whiskers are excellent on my car!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Dennis K

Another time this subject came up someone said Dante's sells the Top Cat parts. You might want to check with him.