News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new verses old gauges

Started by monty76, July 27, 2005, 11:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty76

Anybody try to replace thier old gauges with new ones? Just trying to see if getting new gauges and installing them in the gauge panel is worth the hassle over sending the gauge panel off to get rebuilt

FastbackJon

Old gauges look way better restored in the panel than new retrofit aftermarket napa gauges anyday. Just send 'em out!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

I tend to agree with Jon.  I apppreciate the functional accuracy of new guages but I really like the appearance of the instrument panels in all three of the first generation of Charger.  It's one of things that really attracts me to the car.
I have seen cars where the guages have been swapped out so it can be done.  They just look so out of place to me.

SuBLimE 69

I kinda did both.  I had them refaced in white but the Tac is "new technology" made to work with the MSD ignition.  I am still deciding if I am going to replace the temp and oil pressure and hide them somewhere...I haven't been able to convince myself to trust them yet.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

RT DAVE

Does anybody know if the new Mopar Performance gauges fit in a rallye dash for a 68-70 b body?  I'm installing a rebuilt motor this weekend and don't really trust the old ones in my dash.  I don't really care much about originality at this point.  I've investigated rebuilding & restoring the old ones and it cost twice as much as buying new gauges.  I guess I'm cheap. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT