News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

remove backseats?

Started by 2much2learn, October 20, 2008, 10:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2learn

i have a 74 charger, is there any screws i should look for? what is the easyest/fastes way to do it without damaging the seats? any help is much appreciated

I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

FLG

Bottom seat simply pushes in and then lift up, might be a little tricky but if you feel under the seat you can get a better understanding of how the hook works. Its hooked in 2 places, each is pretty much dead center to each side of the seat, just think of the rear bench as 2 buckets and each mounting point is the center of the seat. Top seat i believe has 2 screws on each bottom side and then is pulled out from the bottom so you clear the studs and pushed up towards the rear window. Remove bottom and then the back should be a breeze.

2much2learn

THANKS a MILL!! got the seats out, no problem :2thumbs:
but you wont believe what was underneath :eek2:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

KS71owner

I'm guessing nasty carpeting and lots of dirt and dead bugs.

Check in the seat springs for a build sheet too! I found one in mine...it's in pretty rough shape but I can read it well enough to know it's a seat from a different car. If I can find it downstairs I'll scan and post it.

2much2learn

no buildsheet, BUT i did find out there was somthing living in there at one point , found old bones, bugs, old cigarette buds, and ALOT of old pecans in there  :shruggy: . My 74 was a barn find so its not too out of the question to find that stuff, had to drive 8 hours to pick her up, there was vines growing on the breaks  :lol: , but besides some pennys that have seen better day no build sheet  :rotz:

acelondon

i found a build sheet under both front and rear bench seats. No bones, but i did find lots of newspaper ads and other random junk that made my dad laugh, cause he remembers that stuff. I wasnt even born in 74(when my charger was made)

oh ya, found a screwdriver. nice one, too. mine now :D

2much2learn

yeah i hear ya on that one, my charger was about 20 yrs old when i was born :scratchchin: