News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is your wife like this or am I just lucky? She is a Pack Rat

Started by cudaken, October 27, 2005, 05:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 27, 2005, 08:25:00 PM
My wife is an incredible packrat and I am not. Once a year, I open up a closet and take a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. I think she lays awake all night afterward.....
Hahahaha !

Ken - I gotta say, I was surprised that the living room is kept up and quite tidy ,after seeing the other pictures before it.
Would she be embarrased if visitors saw the spare bedrooms ?

If you haven't used it for 2 years, throw it away.
Well I would rather throw stuff away than have a garage sale, I don't want stranger poking thru my former stuff, even if it means $$

I spent time with a girl pack rat like that [or worse], She was cool, but then she brought me back to her house. I was horrified !!
I knew I couldn't live like that, so the relationship ended.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

cudaken

Quote from: cudaken on October 29, 2005, 05:37:04 PM
  PIC on the Living Room as well. She did get rid of some on the Dolls, to the left of the book shelfs there was a stack that where as tall of them. She moved some of the stuff sh-t because her brother is staying with us and is sleeping in the living room. No room in the second bedroom :icon_smile_big: 

Like I said, she cleaned it out some so he could sleep on the couch.

Yep, she be embarrased if visitors saw the spare bedrooms unless it was one of her friends. There be heck to play if she knew I posted the PIC I will add.

I just don't understand whey the heck she need's all the stuff.

When I cleaned out the kitchen a few years ago I found 9 boxes of instantiante potatoes. Guess should could not find the ones she had and just bought more of them. ???

Cuda Ken
I am back

Arthu®

damn... that seriously is too much stuff for two persons. :o
Striving for world domination since 1986

89MOPAR

Well--- what she needs  vs.  what she wants

Unfortunately peoples brain are still wired as if it was pre-historic times, when they had one axe, and a fish -bone comb, and a bear-skin to sleep on - Then they had better keep that stuff 'cause it's awful hard to replace

But you know nowadays most of that stuff she has can be replaced relatively easy with somethings very similar.

Try to get her to watch some shows with you like "clean Sweep"  and "neat house"  that are starting to be popular on cable TV.
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400

SuBLimE 69

Holly shet ! I'd lay down the law and get a roll off delivered.  That "stuff" would be gone in no time....don't even get me started on the insane fire hazard !   Ya, use that as an excuse....the fire marshall shet a brick and threatend to write us a ticket....maybe it'll work and she'll let you trash the stuff.  A U-haul and a trip to the salvation Army would be a bad idea either....good tax write off with that much stuff.  I bet if you forward them pics they'd drive their own truck out there to pic that much up !

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

cudaken

So that is not normal then? He-l if the boxes had Hemi parts in them I would feel like I won the lottery. :icon_smile_approve:

I hate to say this, but you have not seen anything yet. Her and I split up say 16 years ago. When we got back together say 16 years ago I got a 24' long U-haule to move her out her to IL. Living room and bed room funture and rest was crap. Had to leave a pile of boxes the sizes of the shit in the back bed room in the town house.

89MOPAR said "Unfortunately peoples brain are still wired as if it was pre-historic times, when they had one axe, and a fish -bone comb, and a bear-skin to sleep on - Then they had better keep that stuff 'cause it's awful hard to replace". I think that is the best answer so far.

Now how do you re wire a wife? I do have a 2 pound hammer :icon_smile_big:

Cuda Ken, I think I am normal sort of. ;)

I am back

charger490

cudaken
take it all out and within 1 year it will be right back to the way it was good luck charger490

PocketThunder

:o  that is not normal!

My spouses parents cleaned out her Gramma's house when they passed away and instead of having an estate sale they brought it all back to their house.  Now, evertime we go to visit on holidays we have to come back with a trunk load of sh!t from Grammas house that they cant get rid of because "it was my Grammas".  Well, i put a stop to that after we had more lamps than we had plug ins in our small apartment..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Camlady

:rotz:

Arigmaster...I beg to differ with you...!!! Care to compare notes?   ;)

69_500

I saw the inside of the house a few times Ken, It wasn't that bad, or has it grown over the last 2 years?

dodgeboy67

tell her to get rid of the clutter, or you will do it for her

i told my old lady that a month ago....she said yeah right

while she was at work, i bagged up her crap , and put it in the shed out back

boy was she pissed

i let her fume for 2 days...then gave her crap back

we now have a clutter free home

i took about 2 trucks to goodwill....the rest we sold on ebay

btw...i have a  borderline case of obssessive compulsive disorder....so clutter just dont work for me

67RedCharger

You are lucky that your wife does her pack ratting in the house.  My wife does her pack ratting in her Dodge Caravan and her 1983 Chrysler New Yorker 5th avenue.  Both vehicles are loaded to the hilt with supplies for the Laundromat and that includes toilet paper, soft drinks by the cases and unclaimed laundry along with coat hangers, snack foods by the cases, and just plain junk.  The New Yorker needs to get the front end aligned and I can't get into the trunk and search for the key to get the hubcaps off.  Been like that now for two weeks.  Paying for the insurance but can't drive the car.  The front seat won't go back for me to drive the car since there is so much junk behind the front seat it is stuck where the wife left the seat for her little short legs.
The thing that gripes me is she has a place for all of the stuff she carts around in the car and van.  There is an empty business next to here laundromat that she can store all of that junk in, and she owns the empty business location.  And hauluing all of that extra weight ain't good for gas mileage and certainly ain't good on the brakes.  Just finished getting a complete brake job incuding rotors for the caravan.

~ 67RedCharger ~
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

89MOPAR

Why does she put the unclaimed laundry into the car ?
Hopefully she doesn't attempt to make you try it on for size ..... :-[
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: cudaken on October 27, 2005, 05:38:04 PM
75 dishes
15 coffee cups and neither of us drink coffee?
48 glsses
23 small bowls
18 saucers
3 gravy dishes (good ones are in the china cabinet)
Uncounted Odd shape pots and pans I have never seen used
1 food prosser never used?
2 crock pots
And other stuff that I have no clue to what it is for.

Dude;  TARGET PRACTICE!

Silver R/T

I think my mom will beat your wife..she's got so many dishes and kitchen appliances that are still brand new in boxes just sitting there 5-6 yrs
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722